Learning & Development, Onboarding, and Employee Experience Manager
Emeryville, CA /
People – People Team /
Full Time - Exempt
MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to benefit the world with new materials that offer superior performance to animal leathers and plastic. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and we strive for transparency, empathy and thriving in the relationships we’re building with customers, partners and each other.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender non-confirming individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position will be responsible for the development, implementation, and sustainment of L&D and training programs and processes, metrics, and strategies in partnership with business leaders, and HR leadership to enable business success. The Training / Learning and onboarding Manager will oversee creation and execution of learning and training strategies to enable our talented team. They will be responsible for all aspects of training, L&D and onboarding in the Emeryville office. We’re looking for an individual that will help make the team better, build others up, and provide the tools and resources they need to achieve greatness. This position will work closely with members of the People team to create, deliver, and manage both self-paced and instructor-led learning content.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring a growth culture of high performance, collaboration with cross-functional teams, continuous improvement, operational excellence initiatives, standard processes, and use of metrics for accountability and sustainability.
- Design and deploy scalable, highly impactful, development programs and experiences that ensure a strong talent pipeline.
- Regularly assess learning program effectiveness, ROI and impact with a continuous improvement mindset; quickly solution, innovate and pivot to achieve success.
- Collaborate with SMEs and other department staff to define learning objectives and training curriculum.
- We believe feedback is essential to continued improvement, we will expect you to seek feedback and measure results to ensure all training is effective. You’ll be expected to make adjustments where necessary, based on feedback.
- Partner across the HR organization to ensure the seamless implementation, adoption, measurement and optimization of talent management strategies and processes.
- Directly have a hand in building and scaling a Learning and Development program.
- Make strategic recommendations to enhance organization performance and support on going learning across the department.
- Responsible for developing and working in partnership with other employees and People Operations for the employee experience.
- Influence and implement ideas to grow our workforce and develop employees, which should be your passion.
- Responsible for onboarding learning program.
- Develop training content built on sound instructional design principles that engages employees, address their individual needs, learning styles, and maximize knowledge retention.
- Given the rapid change to remote working, being able to deliver training on-site is important, but delivering effective learning virtually is as important, the virtual classroom is in our immediate future (Zoom).
- Maintain positive relationships with stakeholders by ensuring ongoing communication & reporting. In simple terms, be easy to work with and collaborate.
- Deliver training to employees using a variety of instructional techniques.
- Monitor and evaluate learning programs to ensure they are current and effective.
- Continuously improve training based on participant feedback and latest trends in learning and development.
- We realize not everyone can check every box; however, most of these should be in your realm of expertise.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, goal oriented and time-sensitive environment.
- 5+ years’ experience in corporate learning and training programs.
- 5+ years’ experience in building and managing eLearning and online training content.
- 5+ years’ experience facilitating in-person training and new employee onboarding.
- Understanding how to best utilize OKRs is desirable.
- Energy and passion for developing others in new and innovative ways.
- Able to display a clear ability to speak publicly, engage an audience, and drive content retention. Folks should not be bored in your programs/sessions.
- Understanding of transformative learning, brain science, blending learning models, and opinions on how to utilize each effectively.
- Ability to identify which blended training solutions are most appropriate to deliver the best impact on quality metrics.
- Experience of digital approaches and resources that can be used for remote training.
- Able to multitask to effectively manage deployment and multiple projects is important.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and planning skills. Attention to detail.