Director of Talent Acquisition and Employment Branding
Emeryville, CA /
People – People Team /
Full Time - Exempt
MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to benefit the world with new materials that offer superior performance to animal leathers and plastic. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and we strive for transparency, empathy and thriving in the relationships we’re building with customers, partners and each other.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender non-confirming individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The purpose of MycoWorks Director of Talent Acquisition is to lead our projected headcount growth over the next 12-24 months, leveraging our deeply mission- and values-driven culture to share our story with candidates to ensure we have the best talent available to help the company achieve its corporate goals and objectives.
Functional Expectations and Requirements
- Deliver on our headcount objectives in line with MycoWorks Values, and incorporate our commitments to diversity, inclusion, and parity.
- Workforce planning in partnership with the People team and other stakeholders.
- Improve end-to-end candidate experience, through increased interview effectiveness, resulting in positive feedback from candidates and hiring teams.
- Quickly identify gaps within Talent Acquisition and hire; retain and develop top recruiting talent.
- Build the Talent Acquisition team, and work in partnership with hiring leaders.
- Planning and executing with data - harness data to plan, review, assess, and recalibrate pipeline and TA team performance.
- Successfully build Mycoworks’s employer brand to expand in talent markets critical to Company success.
- Aligned organizational resources to maximize TA team effectiveness, partnering with stakeholders to drive target headcount achievement.
- Ensure a positive working relationship and create a culture of open progressive communication and mutual understanding between the People and other Departments @ MycoWorks.
- Experience leading Talent Acquisition teams in a high-velocity growth environment (preferred in Biotech).
- Minimum ten years of progressive search experience is required, with experience leading a TA function.
- Strong experience with recruiting funnel operations, enablement, and analytics; demonstrated ability to mentor recruiters to improve their performance using data.
- Demonstrable history of addressing diversity, inclusiveness and parity in recruiting policies and processes.
- A solid strategic thinker, with strong operational focus, good judgment, and detail-oriented perspective.
- Humble expert mindset, growth orientation, intellectual honesty, pride in delivering the wow, and a belief in enjoying the ride (behaviors aligning with MycoWorks values).
- Comfort collaborating with Founders and leadership teams to ideate, iterate and scale.
- Excellent work organization skills, ability to appropriately set priorities, and manage multiple projects.
- Clear examples of consistently scaling and hitting hiring targets leveraging creative sources, diverse strategies, and proven methodology for reliably delivering headcount targets in a values-driven way.
- Mastery of hiring high performing teams, with clear examples of how you’ve sourced, engaged, and closed talent.
- A well organized, decisive, and self-directed individual with a strong ability to develop an organizational culture that fosters teamwork.
- A strong sense of urgency and pace with a focus on responsiveness to internal client groups and candidates.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups and to deliver high quality written and verbal presentations.
- Strong workplace technology and internet skills. Able to establish strong, team-oriented relationships with co-workers.
- A Bachelor's degree is required, and a Master's degree in Business or related discipline strongly preferred.