Process Development Technician
Emeryville, CA /
Manufacturing – Process Development /
Full Time - Hourly
MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to benefit the world with new materials that offer superior performance to animal leathers and plastic. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and we strive for transparency, empathy and thriving in the relationships we’re building with customers, partners and each other.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender non-confirming individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is seeking a process development technician responsible for organizing and executing process development experiments under the direction of Sr. Scientists/Engineers. The ideal candidate will have laboratory experience and will be skilled at applying his knowledge.
- Execute carefully controlled experiments to understand and improve processes related to growth or downstream processing of Mycoworks unique mycelia
- Track, organize and analyze experimental data
- Share results and knowledge with research team
- Help establish and maintain fermentation research laboratory
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, microbiology, biology or related field, or comparable combination of experience and training
- 1 year, cumulative, experience in laboratory or process development setup
- Ability to follow instructions precisely
- Ability to perform complex procedures reproducibly
- Ability to work independently after training in research procedures
- Ability to organize and perform parallel experiments
- Ability to analyze experiments and think critically about results
- Ability to work collaboratively on a research team
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail