Senior Quality Manager
Emeryville, CA /
Manufacturing – Supply Chain, Quality & Analytics /
Full Time - Exempt
MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to benefit the world with new materials that offer superior performance to animal leathers and plastic. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and we strive for transparency, empathy and thriving in the relationships we’re building with customers, partners and each other.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender non-confirming individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is seeking a person to fill the role of a Senior Quality Manager. This position will be responsible for all raw material, in process material and finished product testing. They will own all lab equipment and lab disposable inventory. They will own and manage all lab test planning and scheduling. They will support the transfer of validated development tests into commercial testing. Must have work experience running a high volume lab, 10,000+ samples monthly.
This role supports both Manufacturing and Development teams to sample and test materials, document processes and procedures, support test protocol development and track results. The role will support various quality development projects as well as testing and control of commercial products.
The role reports to the VP of Quality and Supply Chain and will work collaboratively with both Development and Production.
- 3-5 years of previous Lab Management, Quality Control and/or Quality Assurance experience, preferably in a regulated environment - food, consumer products, life science, health
- Lean Labs and Lab planning (test planning wheels, trains, level loading) experience
- Previous implementations of lab standard work
- Sample inventory management, ideally has set up and designed sample storage, retains and sample collection processes and systems
- Experience leading leading test teams and multiple labs (wet and dry/analytical)
- Familiarity with lab systems is preferred, LIMS, ELN, LES, sample management, environmental monitoring, instrument management, calibration scheduling & management
- Excellent capability with MS Office / GSuite tools, data reporting and statistical analysis
- Physical Demands / Surroundings - The duties of this position may require the incumbent to exert some physical effort. Lifting requirements may vary depending on the area and project. Weight is typically no more than 15 pounds. Work environment is dependent upon the area - production areas require full growing and gloving certification and lab-based areas will require bench training to ensure laboratory protocols and dress codes are met