Revenue Accounting & AR Operations Manager
Emeryville, CA /
Operations – Finance /
Full Time - Exempt
MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to benefit the world with new materials that offer superior performance to animal leathers and plastic. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and we strive for transparency, empathy and thriving in the relationships we’re building with customers, partners and each other.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender non-confirming individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Timely & accurate recording of all revenue streams and related accounts (Revenue, Accounts Receivable, Allowance for Doubtful Accounts, Deferred Revenue)
- Reconciliation of all Revenue, AR, and Def Revenue Accounts in accordance with ASC606 and revenue recognition from customer contracts & agreements
- Develop and maintain Reserve Methodologies, Credit Authorization & Approval Policies and Credit Memo Policies
- Develop standard dashboard reporting to support collections activity and reserve methodologies
- Corporate Accounting point of contact for Cost of Sales analysis and operationalization of new revenue streams in our ERP systems (currently we use QuickBooks Online)
- Understand sales tax compliance needs and develop an operational plan to incorporate into billing systems
- Manage all Billings and Collections operations to ensure that invoices to customers are accurate, reflect proper level of required detail at line levels and are distributed timely
- Responsible for cash collections, cash application, accounts receivable aging reports and manage all collection efforts & analytics as needed
- Providing support and preparing other ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
- Bachelor's Degree required; CPA recommended
- 3-5 years of work experience in managing Revenue Recognition Billing & Accounts Receivable Operations in a Manufacturing or Consumer Goods (CPG) industry is highly preferred
- Minimum 2 years leading the Revenue Accounting team
- Combined public accounting and corporate experience preferred. 2 – 3 experience in Big 4 CPA is preferred
- Strong knowledge of revenue recognition accounting standards and ability to implement & apply ASC 606
- Working knowledge of sales tax and able to apply to revenue operations
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks Online, SalesForce, NetSuite experience a plus, Coupa software and other ERP or Billing software is a plus
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving skills, and strong advanced Excel skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization and with our external business partners & customers
- A proactive, self-directed approach with the ability to multi-task, think creatively, and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Detail Oriented, strong organizational and project management skills
- Knowledge and experience with Credit Reports (i.e. Dun & Bradstreet, Refinitiv, Experian, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills and attention to detail
- Strong desire to learn and grow!
- Self-motivated, flexible and deadline oriented
- Multi-tasking and time management skills, upbeat demeanor, and ability to stay organized in a fast-paced environment and work with a sense of urgency.
- Strong system and data flow knowledge. Ability to learn and adapt to new process flows and software technologies.
- Team-oriented approach – can participate as an effective team member as well as work cross-functionally with other organizations