VP of Structured Finance
Emeryville, CA /
Executive – CEO /
Full Time - Exempt
MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to benefit the world with new materials that offer superior performance to animal leathers and plastic. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and we strive for transparency, empathy and thriving in the relationships we’re building with customers, partners and each other.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender non-confirming individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is looking for a passionate project finance leader to join the company’s executive team and lead our efforts to raise manufacturing plant project finance, helping take MycoWorks to the next level of scale and impact. This position reports directly to the CEO.
- Lead the capital formation of project finance for Reishi manufacturing plants both in the US and internationally
- Solicit project financiers and run competitive fundraising processes to raise capital for plants
- Work with the CEO and VP Sales on customer offtake agreements
- Create and maintain company-wide and project-specific financial models, both internal and external
- Interface with outside legal counsel and financial advisors to negotiate and finalize critical closing documents, including loan documents, partnership agreements, leases, subsidy agreements, regulatory agreements, etc.
- Interact with Project Managers and various departments within the company to transition plant development post-closing, facilitate draws, pre-lease units, stabilize operations, and file necessary regulatory paperwork
- This role will entail interfacing with, but not owning, equity capital formation for the company
- 10+ years experience raising Project Finance
- 5+ years experience at a startup
- Experience with both US and international project finance
- Extensive experience preparing a company for a structured finance raise
- Extensive network of project financiers
- A demonstrated ability to raise very large amounts of capital
- Outstanding emotional intelligence
- Outstanding communication, organizational, and teamwork skills
- Experience with world-class companies, financiers, and projects
- 4-year degree from a top university; higher degrees a major plus