Ollie was born with the mission of improving the lives of pets and pet parents nationwide. We make human-grade pet food, tailored for each dog’s nutritional needs, and deliver directly to our customers’ doors. Through Ollie’s carefully crafted meals, dogs can truly live their healthiest, happiest lives.
We are a U.S. based distributed team and are backed by the same venture capital companies behind Instacart, Warby Parker, Glamsquad, Mirror, Prose, and Allbirds.
Ollie is on the lookout for a dynamic, sharp-as-a-tack strategist to promote the growth of the P&L by supporting the research, development, and execution of strategic priorities. This is a unique opportunity to shape the future of Ollie and scale completely new verticals - this means everything from high-level strategy to nitty-gritty operational details.
This role is remote and will report to the Director of Strategy.
- Portfolio Strategy. Support development of growth opportunities, including new product and new market strategies. Use industry research and internal data to help build frameworks of assessment and playbooks of engagement within new verticals.
- Execution. Engage with leadership and stakeholders within the business to inform growth priorities. Leverage user data and market research to ensure optimal execution and strong user and business impact. Manage high priority, cross functional projects with multiple stakeholders, that may include but are not limited to new product launches, new market entries, partnerships, etc.
- Competitive Positioning & Consumer Insights. Evaluate our strategic positioning and become an expert on both the external landscape (new technologies, consumer trends, and the competitive landscape) and internal user behavior (customers’ preferences, habits and purchasing drivers). Own the infrastructure for our on-going customer conversations to develop an understanding of their needs, preferences and pain points.
- System Design. Conduct sophisticated analyses of complicated and large data sets that define Ollie’s personalization engine and pricing strategy. Tackle complex and ambiguous problems related to these engines to action on Ollie’s top strategic priorities.
- Commercial Strategy. In partnership with the data analytics team, identify and analyze consumer data to identify key customer pain-points and competitive advantages to guide business refinement. Design and implement relevant A/B tests and advocate to operationalize findings within the business.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of work experience in data-driven, strategic roles such as management consulting, investment banking, or business operations. Food industry, e-commerce, or early-stage startup experience is a bonus.
- You are highly analytical. You have exceptional quantitative skills, an eye for detail, and you possess advanced Excel skills. You must have a proven ability to leverage complex datasets to refine and answer significant strategic questions. Data-driven pricing strategy experience is a bonus.
- You are the rare combination of “thinker” and “do’er”, paired with a strong aptitude for evaluating actionable innovation opportunities. You have an exceptional ability to balance creativity with strong business judgment and analytical skills.
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity with the ability to quickly change focus and balance the needs of the moment with longer-term goals.
- You are optimistic, resourceful, and ready to take on any challenges and build new things! You move quickly and are scrappy about getting things done. No job is too big or too small.
- You are able to synthesize information quickly, to distill key takeaways, and to weave insights into a compelling story that clarifies and inspires.
- You have an ability to build deep relationships across a broad organization, cultivate a fun and collaborative work environment, and identify problems from different perspectives. Humility and empathy are critical to success in this role.
- Competitive pay and a stake in the company
- Comprehensive health coverage
- Unlimited vacation policy that you're actually encouraged to use
- Paid parental leave1-week paw-ternity leave for new dog parents
- Ollie subscription for one dog
- Inspiring pack members!
If you'd like to stand out, tell us in your cover letter why you're interested in joining Ollie and how your skills match the responsibilities detailed in this posting.
Ollie embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Ollie is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please include that in your application.