Senior Manager Customer Experience
Salt Lake City, UT /
Customer Experience /
Ollie was born with the mission of improving the lives of pets and pet parents nationwide. We make human-grade pet food, tailored for each dog’s nutritional needs, and deliver directly to our customers’ doors. Through Ollie’s carefully crafted meals, dogs can truly live their healthiest, happiest lives.
We are a U.S. based distributed team and are backed by the same venture capital companies behind Instacart, Warby Parker, Glamsquad, Mirror, Prose, and Allbirds.
What We Are Looking For
At Ollie, we’re passionate about two things: pets and food. We’re radically changing the way people think about pet food and how it’s made, and we’re on a mission to put truly nutritious food that pets love to eat in every bowl.
As the Sr. Manager of Customer Experience you will lead Ollie’s Canine Care team, ensuring our customers receive best in class customer experience while leading a talented and growing team, building a culture of data-driven decision making, and demonstrating unwavering positivity in the face of customer support challenges. You will be challenged to improve existing processes and create new ones, think analytically and chart the future of this critical business function at Ollie. The Sr. Manager of Customer Experience will report to the Director of Member Experience and will interface regularly with the Executive team members at Ollie.
In this role you will…
- Lead a team of shift managers, a training manager, and CX associates while identifying and managing critical indicators of performance, in an effort to deliver best-in-class customer support
- Build out Ollie’s CX function, identifying opportunities to improve quality and drive conversion and revenue through the customer support organization
- Lead a forecasting process to identify staffing needs and opportunities for increased efficiency, while maintaining incredible customer satisfaction ratings
- Continually measure and evaluate all work processes using improvement methods—identifying root causes and implementing corrective actions to improve accuracy, productivity, and quality.
- Develop action plans that drive process improvements to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of a performance-based culture.
- Champion cross-functional projects with marketing and operational teams to ensure a seamless customer experience through all channels.
- Fully understand our business from farm to bowl and use customer-centric data to identify potential areas of focus for our Product, Marketing and Operations teams
- Develop creative solutions to unique problems within a newly evolving industry – your ideas will have significant, immediate and lasting impact on our business
- Develop the script for the CX team to respond and proactively reach out to current and future customers and ensure escalations are handled appropriately
- Drive game-changing strategies to build best-in-class customer relations including an omni channel approach to CX utilizing existing and new toolsets and technologies and move our team forward by proactively seeking out new technologies to better serve our customers.
- 7+ years of work experience with 3-5 years in a Customer Support / Customer Experience / Operations leadership role
- Experience leading and growing teams from strategy through to operational execution
- Proven track record of transforming customer support teams and providing exceptional customer experience through innovations and improvement
- A contagious sense of positivity and a can-do attitude in the face of great challenges
- An extremely strong bias towards action and proactivity – you are able to distill clarity from chaos, enjoy taking initiative without specific instructions and are constantly seeking greater and more exciting responsibilities
- An obsession with being organized - you are reliable, punctual and never let things slip through the cracks. Your life is a series of (completed) to do lists
- A love for people and a thirst for challenging management issues – you are friendly, charming and people love to work with you. You are able to put your strong EQ into practice in a business context
- Experience building and executing against KPI's
- Proven communication skills and executive presence
- Proven track record of attracting, scaling and developing teams
- Prior experience with Gladly, Sprout Social, G-Suite, and Microsoft Excel, with Direct to Consumer experience, preferred
- Competitive salary and a stake in the company
- Sponsored 401k program with employer match up to 4%
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental and vision
- Unlimited vacation policy that you're encouraged to use
- Paid parental leave
- 1-week paw-ternity leave for new dog parents
- Ollie subscription for one dog
- Inspiring pack members!
If you'd like to stand out, tell us in your cover letter why you're interested in joining Ollie and how your skills match the responsibilities detailed in this posting.
Ollie embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Ollie is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please include that in your application.