Ollie was born with the mission of improving the lives of pets and pet parents nationwide. We make human-grade pet food, tailored for each dog’s nutritional needs, and deliver directly to our customers’ doors. Through Ollie’s carefully crafted meals and health services for members, dogs can truly live their healthiest, happiest lives.
As a member of our growing team, you’ll take part in a company culture that cares deeply about its work and its team members.
Ollie is looking for a Controller to lead our accounting function and team. This role is based remotely within the U.S. and will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
What You’ll Do
- Lead an internal accounting team.
- Improve upon our accounting policies, procedures, internal controls, and reporting systems.
- Monitor closing processes, billing, budgeting, invoicing, expenses, reimbursements, and payroll administration.
- Manage banking and treasury functions.
- Work with our external tax advisors to ensure timely calculation of tax liabilities and filing of federal and state tax returns.
- Oversee the implementation and ongoing enhancement of NetSuite.
- Manage the relationship with external auditors to produce yearly audit financials in compliance with US GAAP.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in accounting with 8+ years of experience managing general accounting and financial reporting functions.
- Previous Big 4 background, Controller experience and/or CPA strongly preferred; experience with Audit is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP including experience with ASC 606 and ASC 842.
- Strong leadership skills and abilities with experience leading a team of accountants, including AP/AR functions.
- Eagerness to work in a fast-paced, hands-on startup environment and pitching in to help scale the business quickly.
- Ability to define, implement and execute processes in a disciplined manner based on best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Attention to detail, discipline, and strong organizational skills.
- Passion for leveraging technology to automate processes and systems. Track record of implementing accounting systems and improving accounting processes.
- A love of pets and Ollie’s mission to better the lives of dogs everywhere.
- DTC or e-commerce industry experience, with extensive experience with inventory accounting, preferred.
- Experience with Netsuite or other ERP systems strongly preferred.
- History with a fast-growing business and VC ownership is a plus.
- Experience with sales tax and liaising with income tax advisors a plus.
What You'll Get
- Competitive salary and a stake in the company
- Sponsored 401k program with employer match up to 4%
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental and vision
- Unlimited paid vacation policy
- Flexibility to work remotely
- Paid parental leave
- 1-week paw-ternity leave for new dog parents
- Ollie subscription
- Inspiring pack members!
If you'd like to stand out, tell us in your cover letter why you're interested in joining Ollie and how your skills match the responsibilities detailed in this posting.
Ollie embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Ollie is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please include that in your application.