General Manager, Fulfillment (Geneva, IL)
Chicago, IL /
Ollie was born with the mission of improving the lives of pets and pet parents nationwide. We make human-grade pet food, tailored for each dog’s nutritional needs, and deliver directly to our customers’ doors. Through Ollie’s carefully crafted meals, dogs can truly live their healthiest, happiest lives.
We are a U.S. based distributed team and are backed by the same venture capital companies behind Instacart, Warby Parker, Glamsquad, Mirror, Prose, and Allbirds.
As General Manager of Ollie’s Fulfillment Center for the Midwest, you’ll be responsible for building and scaling the fulfillment and operations for a growing business. With flexibility and strong organizational and management skills, you will drive operations at Ollie’s newest and fast-growing fulfillment center. Your work will enable Ollie to continue to be at the forefront of creating the highest quality pet food on the market.
This role is based out of our Fulfillment Center in Geneva, IL, and will report to the Director of Fulfillment.
- Manage all aspects of fulfillment, including order generation, production, packing, shipping, receiving, and managing inventory for Ollie’s core products.
- Own all aspects of the organization of the Fulfillment Center, including creating operational structure and the recruitment and management of staff.
- Continue to develop and invest in technology that elevates Ollie’s fulfillment network.
- Create and maintain a safe and healthy work environment for Ollie’s team members and product.
- Collaborate with our corporate office and our other Fulfillment Centers to devise creative solutions for unique problems in our industry.
- 3+ years of work experience managing a fulfillment center in a relevant role at a successful management consulting firm or other strategic operations role.
- Deep expertise in direct-to-consumer fulfillment, third-party logistics, and managing inventory for a growing business.
- The ability to successfully recruit, manage and train Fulfillment Center Associates.
- Past experience with food safety and workplace safety.
- A love of pets and Ollie’s mission to improve the lives of pups everywhere.
- Competitive salary and a stake in the company
- Comprehensive health coverage
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
- 1-week pawternity leave for new dog parents
- Ollie subscription for one dog
- Inspiring pack members!
If you'd like to stand out, tell us in your cover letter why you're interested in joining Ollie and how your skills match the responsibilities detailed in this posting.
Ollie embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Ollie is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please include that in your application.