Backend Software Engineer, Member Experience
Ollie was born with the mission of improving the lives of pets and pet parents nationwide. We make human-grade pet food, tailored for each dog’s nutritional needs, and deliver directly to our customers’ doors. Through Ollie’s carefully crafted meals, dogs can truly live their healthiest, happiest lives.
We are a U.S. based distributed team and are backed by the same venture capital companies behind Instacart, Warby Parker, Glamsquad, Mirror, Prose, and Allbirds.
As a Backend Software Engineer on the Member Experience team at Ollie, you will work directly with the Frontend engineers to help build and maintain APIs that make our customers keep coming back. You will be participating in our agile process to help build key features, maintain code quality, fix bugs, and help implement our API. You will learn from your fellow engineers while using best practices to contribute, making all our lives as engineers more pleasurable.
This position is great for you if you are a curious, collaborative, and open-minded engineer. We are looking for someone who thrives in a small team environment and is excited to learn from teammates in a collaborative environment. You are someone who loves programming and is passionate about making a better product. You enjoy delivering reliable, performant, well-tested code that power all your clients!
- 2+ Professional experience building API systems, including technologies such as REST and JSON
- Professional experience building applications in a Python Framework (Django, Flask, etc.)
- Professional experience transacting with a frontend framework (React, Angular, Etc.)
- Understanding and professional use of a relational database (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.) including SQL language.
- Excellent communication & collaboration skillsSelf-starter, positive and excited to work with a small dedicated team
- Passionate about using technology to streamline business processes
- Dog Owner or Lover
- Interest in or understanding of e-commerce platforms
- Experience with Django
- Experience with React
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience writing unit tests
- Experience with using version control (git, svn, etc.)
- Experience documenting with JSON Schema and OpenAPI
- Experience with Docker/Containerization
- Open source community contributor
- Competitive salary and a stake in the company
- Sponsored 401k program with employer match up to 4%
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental and vision
- Unlimited vacation policy that you're encouraged to use
- Paid parental leave
- 1-week paw-ternity leave for new dog parents
- Ollie subscription for one dog
- Inspiring pack members!
If you'd like to stand out, tell us in your cover letter why you're interested in joining Ollie and how your skills match the responsibilities detailed in this posting.
Ollie embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Ollie is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please include that in your application.