Tech Lead, Platform
Ollie was born with the mission of improving the lives of pets and pet parents nationwide. We make human-grade pet food, tailored for each dog’s nutritional needs, and deliver directly to our customers’ doors. Through Ollie’s carefully crafted meals, dogs can truly live their healthiest, happiest lives.
We are a U.S. based distributed team and are backed by the same venture capital companies behind Instacart, Warby Parker, Glamsquad, Mirror, Prose, and Allbirds.
As the Platform Tech Lead at Ollie, you will be responsible for the eCommerce and back-end ecosystem powering Ollie’s direct-to-consumer e-commerce subscription platform. You will lead a small, nimble back-end focused team to enhance the technical direction of the business. Using Django and eCommerce tools, you will be innovating in a $27 billion space while improving the lives of dogs everywhere.
This role is 100% remote and will report directly to the Vice President of Engineering.
- Own the vision for our eCommerce and back-end architecture.
- Lead a small, agile back-end team, own large projects, and make technical decisions to elevate the team.
- Participate in sprint planning and cross-functional company initiatives that foster collaboration.
- Level-up the team through code reviews and by creating reference code.
- Mentor and grow junior developers through paired coding and being a resource.
- 6+ years of experience developing production-level web applications.
- Strong knowledge of AWS Cloud Services, Python, Django, and PostgreSQL. Experience working with an eCommerce platform is a plus.
- Experience leading technical initiatives from conception to deployment.
- Ability to take business requirements and create scalable and efficient software.
- Solution-oriented, independent, and able to communicate across different departments.
- Experience building APIs and integration with third-parties.
- Desire to collaborate with a tight-knit technical team.
- A love of pets and Ollie’s mission to better the lives of dogs everywhere.
- Competitive pay + a stake in the company
- Comprehensive health coverage
- Unlimited vacation policy that you're actually encouraged to use
- Paid parental leave
- 1-week paw-ternity leave for new dog parents
- Ollie subscription for one dog
If you'd like to stand out, tell us in your cover letter why you're interested in joining Ollie and how your skills match the responsibilities detailed in this posting.
Ollie embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Ollie is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please include that in your application.