Customer Experience Shift Manager
Nashville, TN /
Customer Experience /
Ollie was born with the mission of improving the lives of pets and pet parents nationwide. We make human-grade pet food, tailored for each dog’s nutritional needs, and deliver directly to our customers’ doors. Through Ollie’s carefully crafted meals, dogs can truly live their healthiest, happiest lives.
We are a U.S. based distributed team and are backed by the same venture capital companies behind Instacart, Warby Parker, Glamsquad, Mirror, Prose, and Allbirds.
Come join the Ollie Canine Care team!
Ollie is driven to make pets’ lives healthier by making freshly-cooked, human-grade food for dogs that’s delivered right to our customers' doorsteps. And our customers want the very best for their dogs. Together, we’re hoping to embark (no pun intended) on some very long healthy journeys for our dogs powered by good fresh food.
That’s where you come in…
We’re looking for new members to join our Canine Care Customer Experience team, a small pack of exceptional humans that serve Ollie’s favorite pups and their parents to our high-quality standards. We make sure that, from box to bowl, all our dogs (and their parents) are having the best experience possible.
This role will report to the Customer Experience Manager. While we're currently hiring for fully remote positions, we will expect to co-locate this team in Nashville, TN when the time is appropriate, and are seeking candidates in or local to Nashville, TN.
- Managing team members on duty during the allocated shift (early or late)
- Handling escalated customer situations and resolving these in accordance with established business guardrails
- Partnering with the team to develop and implement new and updated training materials for the team
- Partnering with the team to interview, recruit and onboard new team members
- Working with other leaders to implement best practices, metrics and KPIs
- Delivering acceptable levels of team performance over time and working towards the implementation of new brand guidelines in talk tracks, scripts, emails, etc.
- You’ve worked in customer-facing roles previously and you love engaging with people throughout the day.
- You’re a good listener, you’re efficient and you’re self-motivated.
- You’re patient and solution-oriented. You leverage your knowledge and communication skills (written and oral) to provide the best answers to our pup parents’ many questions.
- Your communication skills are top-class.
- You put pets first. You love dogs and approach every dog with the same empathy and understanding as if it were your own.
- You’re good at thinking on your feet and Improvisation. You like finding new ways to tackle challenges, and nothing catches you off guard.
- You prefer guardrails to rules.
- You’re a natural-born problem solver. Cutting through to the core of a problem and figuring out how to fix it energizes you.
- Most of all, you’re fun! You don’t mind occasional sloppy dog kisses and love sharing memes.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Previous experience in customer-centric roles (retail, food service, etc.)
- D2C or experience with pets or health-foods preferred
- Experience with Zendesk or a similar customer service platform is a plus
- Interest in working in a pet-friendly, fast-moving environment
- Competitive salary and a stake in the company
- Sponsored 401k program with employer match up to 4%
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental and vision
- Unlimited vacation policy that you're encouraged to use
- Paid parental leave
- 1-week paw-ternity leave for new dog parents
- Ollie subscription for one dog
- Inspiring pack members!
If you'd like to stand out, tell us in your cover letter why you're interested in joining Ollie and how your skills match the responsibilities detailed in this posting.
Ollie embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Ollie is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please include that in your application.