Associate Video Creative Director
Raleigh, NC /
Hi! Nice to meet you. We’re Myriad and we're looking for an Associate Video Creative Director to join our full time time team.
Myriad is one part left brain, one part right brain. One whole creative video agency. We are about as creatively daring as we are organized. In fact, we believe the best work comes from thinking big, and then giving it boundaries.
Our expertise is finely-honed video production skills. But we back it up with fresh ideas, in-depth strategy, and seamless client services, which allows us to turn on a dime depending on the size and scale of different projects. After decades of working with Fortune 1000 clients on everything from episodic series, to one-off videos— we’ve learned how to adapt anything.
Myriad's Associate Video Creative Directors are the key lead creative role in every project. They are responsible for the creative strategy, creative direction and quality of work during creative development through post production. They lead teams and provide oversight and guidance to production team members, making suggestions and giving critical feedback to create the best product possible within the budget, schedule, and overall project objectives. This role has decision-making authority at the top level, with the ability and/or opportunity to advise with the CD, as necessary.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES + EXPECTATIONS
- Attend and participate in client discovery meetings, kickoff meetings
- Assist the Executive Producer and Producers with the scoping of video projects
- Helps client determine creative strategy for each video by understanding the business objectives, the messaging goals, and the audience target and communicates that to the rest of the creative team
- Work alongside the Director, Executive Producers and Producers to develop video concepts, moodboards, and design ideas and directions for multiple projects
- Pitch video concepts and treatments to clients – including ideas around visual tone, style and pace, music and sound design, casting, production design, props and wardrobe, visual effects, etc.
- Learn, protect, advocate and enhance the client’s design principles and brand guides in the execution of creative video work
- Collaborate with writers, art directors and cinematographers in the execution of concepts during all phases of production and make conceptual and stylistic decisions as needed.
- Oversee creative on video post production such as editing, SFX, animation, motion graphics, VO, etc.
- Provide open and collaborative communication with clients, producers and crew to make sure the goals of the project are being met
- Cultivate relationships and motivate production team throughout the project to carry out our client's vision to the best of our abilities
- Act as quality control for projects; Review and edit teams’s final product before distribution of any materials occur
- Research marketing trends and strategies and the technologies used and stay abreast of the latest trends and social media fads.
- Unwavering commitment to produce great work through confident leadership, delegation, and willingness to collaborate
- The ACD will sometimes direct the execution of a creative approach and participate in design, editing, writing, shooting, etc.
- It’s expected for Myriad creatives to occasionally wear multiple hats. Depending on capability, the ACD might perform design work, art direction, writing, shooting and/or post production.
- You love video and film with a pure passion
- You are helpful
- You are comfortable being your authentic self and letting others do the same
- You are playful and able to improvise, even when things aren't going as planned
- You take ownership of your responsibilities and care deeply about delivering for your clients and teammates
- You are imaginative and don't settle for the ordinary
SKILLS + COMPETENCIES
- Understanding of how video can be used to inform, motivate and make a difference
- Able to come up with a lot of new and unique ideas
- Good at establishing clear directions; setting stretching objectives; distributing the workload appropriately
- Can make quality and timely decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
- Relish leading, taking unpopular stands if necessary; encouraging direct and tough debate but not afraid to end and move on
- Use of rigorous logic to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Cool under pressure; do not become defensive or irritated when times are tough
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Clearly and comfortably delegating both routine and important tasks and decisions; broadly sharing both responsibility and accountability; tending to trust people to perform
- Practicing attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out
- Creating a climate in which people want to do their best
- Understanding why groups do what they do
- Effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses
- Able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the video advertising field required
- Experience leading and working in various video disciplines (e.g. copywriting, editing, shooting, talent direction, art direction, animation, etc.) required
- Knowledge and experience in creative strategy
- Experience working within corporate marketing communications preferred
ABOUT THIS JOB & MYRIAD
- Myriad’s mission is to make video make a difference.
- This is a full time position with good compensation and robust benefits.
- Our company has always worked in a flexible—where you feel the most comfortable—environment. We trust you to make the decisions that properly balance your personal life, great creative work and being there for your teammates.
- Myriad places a high degree of importance on our culture and the way we work together. We're easy going, caring, like to have fun and expect all of our coworkers to register high on the “I give a shit” meter.
Myriad is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual based on any non-merit factor; we are committed to an equitable and diverse workplace where everyone is a respected and valuable member of our team.
No calls or unscheduled visits, please.