Business Development Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Are you excited about machine learning? Want to contribute to a more sustainable future? Myst is a startup that uses artificial intelligence to help energy companies better predict the future, to increase renewable energy adoption and reduce carbon emissions. We are building a platform that helps companies to create highly accurate forecasts at unprecedented scale.
We recently closed our Series A round from two top Silicon Valley VCs. We are now looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team of eight in San Francisco. You’ll be joining a group of people committed to positive environmental impact from a wide set of backgrounds, ranging from academia and nonprofits to technology companies like Google, Apple, and Nest.
Who are we looking for?
As a Business Development Manager your goal is to grow the number of electricity companies Myst serves. You will work directly with Myst’s co-founders on customer-related activities. For this role, we are looking for someone full time with at least three years of experience in an analytical, customer-facing role, such as management consulting. This role is a great opportunity for someone interested in energy markets with a desire to grow into a business development lead or analytics lead.
What might you be working on?
- Support business development strategy and identify contacts in priority segments
- Organize, prepare for, and lead sales calls with executives at energy companies
- Develop quantitative value calculations for prospective customers, identifying priority use cases and calculating expected value based on wholesale market data
- Contribute to sales and marketing materials, such as case studies and email campaigns
- Manage existing and explore new partnerships with Myst’s data providers
- Three years of full-time professional experience in an analytical role leading interactions with senior executives, such as management consulting or investment banking
- Ability to independently conduct complex quantitative analyses and package these as customer-facing materials at very high quality
- Deep interest in and understanding of the power industry and electricity markets, with a natural propensity to continuously learn and share findings with others
- Highly structured, with the ability to approach tasks in an orderly manner and persistently follow through
- MBA or M.S. degree in engineering, science, or a similar technical field of study
- Excellent collaborator, comfortable to lead processes with people much more senior, such as energy company executives
- Innately curious, always seeking to learn more about companies, people, and the key priorities of organizations
- Deep technical understanding, able to effortlessly explain machine learning models, data inputs, and data integration options
We are passionate about Myst because we use state-of-the-art technology to increase renewable energy adoption and reduce emissions and waste. We work with a dozen leading energy companies in Europe and North America, often helping them save millions of dollars a year while reducing their carbon emissions.
We are committed to creating a culture in which people can be themselves and we strongly believe in building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team. Myst offers a competitive salary, stock options, and benefits. In addition, we provide new hires the ability to choose between different risk/reward trade offs (i.e. combinations of stock and salary).