Business Development Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Full Time (Remote option; working on Pacific time zones)
Are you excited about machine learning? Want to contribute to a more sustainable future? Myst is a startup that uses artificial intelligence to help energy companies better predict the future, increase renewable energy adoption and reduce carbon emissions. We are building a platform that helps companies create highly accurate forecasts at unparalleled scale.
We recently closed our Series A from top Silicon Valley VCs. We are hiring our first Business Development Manager to join our small (but mighty) team in San Francisco. You’ll be joining a group of people committed to positive environmental impact from a wide set of backgrounds, ranging from academia and nonprofits to technology companies like Google, Apple, and Nest.
What does a Business Development Manager at Myst AI do?
As a Business Development Manager your goal is to grow the number of electricity companies Myst serves. You will work directly with Myst’s co-founders. For this role, we are looking for someone full time with business development experience and a track record of interacting with executives at electricity companies, such as electric utilities, retail energy providers, and renewable asset owners.
What might you work on?
- Develop business development strategy and identify contacts in priority segments
- Lead and close deals with executives at energy companies
- Develop value calculations for prospective customers, identifying priority use cases and calculating expected value based on wholesale market data
- Contribute to sales and marketing materials, such as case studies, webinars, and email campaigns
What do you need to be successful?
- 5 years of full-time experience in an analytical role leading interactions with senior executives, and at least 2 years of business development experience (can be concurrent)
- Deep interest in and understanding of the power industry and electricity markets, with the ability to lead work with energy company executives
- Ability to structure and lead client engagements, from initial outreach to closing deals and starting successful collaborations
- Highly organized and process-focused with the persistence to follow through and the resourcefulness to always find a path forward
We are passionate about Myst because we use state-of-the-art technology to increase renewable energy adoption and reduce emissions and waste. We work with a dozen leading energy companies in Europe and North America, often helping them save millions of dollars a year while reducing their carbon emissions.
We are committed to creating a culture in which people can be themselves; and we strongly believe in building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team. Some of the best people we’ve worked with did not follow conventional paths. If you think you’re a good fit, even if you don’t meet the exact qualifications, please reach out to us – we’d love to hear from you. Myst offers a competitive salary, stock options, health benefits, 401k matching, etc.