San Francisco, CA /
Full Time (Remote through end of COVID)
Are you excited about solving complex problems with machine learning? Want to contribute to a more sustainable future? Myst is a startup that uses AI to help energy companies better predict the future, to increase renewable energy adoption and reduce carbon emissions. We are building a platform that helps companies create highly accurate forecasts at unparalleled scale.
We recently closed our Series A from top Silicon Valley VCs. We are now looking for a Software Engineer to join our small (but mighty) team in San Francisco. You’ll be joining a group of people committed to positive environmental impact from a wide set of backgrounds, ranging from academia and nonprofits to technology companies like Google, Apple, and Nest.
What does a SWE at Myst do?
As a (Senior) Software Engineer, you’ll play a key role in our software development team. This includes contributing to our software product, driving design decisions, and being a strong advocate for product excellence.
What might you work on?
- Backend development of machine learning pipelines (data sourcing/cleaning, systematic model experimentation/evaluation, model training/prediction)
- Backend development of our APIs and client libraries
- Backend optimization of time series and relational databases
- Scaling our backend infrastructure using container orchestration
- Improving tooling for automated monitoring, alerting, and integration testing
What do you need to be successful?
- 2+ years of work experience in a world-class software engineering environment, and a proven record of being an effective collaborator
- Ability to produce production-quality Python code, using Python's native packaging tools
- Experience with object-oriented programming (OOP/OOD)
- Extensive experience in three of the following fields: web application development, API development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, database design, networking, large software platforms, data security, or development operations
- High attention to detail
We are passionate about Myst because we use state-of-the-art technology to increase renewable energy adoption and reduce emissions and waste. We work with a dozen leading energy companies in Europe and North America, often helping them save millions of dollars a year while reducing their carbon emissions.
We are committed to creating a culture in which people can be themselves; and we strongly believe in building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team. Some of the best people we’ve worked with did not follow conventional paths. If you think you’re a good fit, even if you don’t meet the exact qualifications, please reach out to us – we’d love to hear from you. Myst offers a competitive salary, stock options, health benefits, 401k matching, etc.