Full Stack Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Are you excited about machine learning? Want to contribute to a more sustainable future? Myst is a startup that uses artificial intelligence to help energy companies better predict the future, to increase renewable energy adoption and reduce carbon emissions. We are building a platform that helps companies to create highly accurate forecasts at unprecedented scale.
We recently closed our Series A round from two top Silicon Valley VCs. We’re looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join our team of eight in San Francisco. You’ll be joining a group of people committed to positive environmental impact from a wide set of backgrounds, ranging from academia and nonprofits to technology companies like Google, Apple, and Nest.
Who are we looking for?
As a Full Stack Engineer, you’ll play a key role in our software development team improving the design, implementation, and observability of our platform user interface. We’re looking for someone full time with at least two years of experience in a world-class software engineering environment and a proven record of being an effective collaborator.
Your role will be to own the development and maintenance of our core frontend user interfaces. Often this work will require making small changes in our backend to our APIs in order to support new functionality in the frontend. We also expect you’ll work closely with our product team, which will provide user interface designs.
What might you be working on?
- Implementing a brand new user interface in React based on existing product designs
- Creating design documents for how to structure the UI implementation into individual React components
- Collaborating with backend software engineers on a variety of projects
- Updating our backend APIs to make changes to support frontend features
- Closely collaborating with creative and product designers on UI design
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in a software engineering environment
- Experience with data visualization libraries (e.g. Google Charts)
- More than 4 years of work experience in a software engineering environment
- Proven track record of shipping commercially successful software platforms and best-in-class technologies
- Experience with building SaaS products with a focus on data science that have scaled to many hundreds of customers
- Experience with conducting UX research and contributing to UI design
- Experience with implementing user interfaces based on Material Design
We are passionate about Myst because we use state-of-the-art technology to increase renewable energy adoption and reduce emissions and waste. We work with a dozen leading energy companies in Europe and North America, often helping them save millions of dollars a year while reducing their carbon emissions.
We are committed to creating a culture in which people can be themselves and we strongly believe in building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team. Myst offers a competitive salary, stock options, and benefits. In addition, we provide new hires the ability to choose between different risk/reward trade offs (i.e. combinations of stock and salary).