San Francisco, CA /
Data Science /
At Myst AI, we’re building a machine learning platform that enables data scientists to create highly accurate time series forecasts at massive scale. Our vision is to create a world in which demand and supply are in continuous balance, so resources are used efficiently and sustainably for a better planet. Our current focus is to help energy companies better predict the future – to increase renewable energy adoption and reduce carbon emissions. There is an enormous addressable market (>$100B) for this platform, with an opportunity to drive significant impact in a variety of industries.
Are you enthusiastic about solving complex problems and contributing to a better future? We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our 15-person team in San Francisco. You’ll be joining a talented group, backed by top Silicon Valley investors, who share a commitment to positive impact!
What does a Data Scientist at Myst do?
You will be playing a critical role on our data science team, helping to develop and scale our forecasting service. This will involve delivering state-of-the art forecasting solutions to our customers and improving tooling at the interface of the data science and platform engineering teams. We’re looking for someone full time with experience in a world-class data science or software engineering environment, plus a proven record of being an effective collaborator.
Our current data science team is well-versed in a variety of data science techniques and has a deep understanding of energy forecasting use cases. As a startup, we're always tackling new challenges, so we prioritize candidates who learn quickly and make wise decisions across a variety of domains. Our current technical stack is Python, where we leverage open source packages, such as TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, and XGBoost. Our infrastructure is hosted in Google Cloud Platform, where we frequently run large scale AutoML experiments.
What might you work on:
- Pairing with both data scientists and engineers to build new modeling approaches into our Platform
- Improving and streamlining our existing data science workflows
- Collaborating with our business development team on solving real-world forecasting use cases for energy companies
- Presenting the results of your own data analyses directly to our clients
What do you need to be successful:
- 2 years of work experience in data science / ML, or an adjacent engineering role
- Software development experience in Python
- Experience with statistical packages in Python (e.g. Scikit-learn, XGBoost, Pandas, Numpy, TensorFlow)
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques such as gradient tree boosting
- Clear communicator with enthusiasm for learning new techniques!
How we show up
• We care about Quality: We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and continuous improvement in our journey to long-term success.
• We believe in Diligence: We move slow to go fast because our forecasts are critical for our clients. We monitor performance and build reliable systems that clients can depend on.
• We are Resourceful: We believe in being owners of our work. When challenges arise, we find a path forward.
• We seek to Understand: We are intensely curious and welcome honest feedback, which creates an open and collaborative culture of growth.
Myst AI is a Series A company funded by top VCs, including Google. We passionately believe that some of humanity’s biggest problems such as climate change and food waste can be solved, in part, through better forecasting. We currently work with many of the world’s leading energy companies, often helping them save millions of dollars a year while reducing their carbon footprint.
We believe in building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team; and we’re committed to creating a culture in which people can bring their whole self to work. Some of the best people we’ve worked with did not follow conventional paths. If you think you’re a good fit, even if you don’t meet the exact qualifications, please contact us – we’d love to hear from you!
Myst offers a competitive salary, stock options, health benefits, 401k matching, and other great perks to full-time employees.