Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Full Time (Remote through end of COVID)
Are you excited about solving complex problems with machine learning? Want to contribute to a more sustainable future? Myst is a startup that uses AI to help energy companies better predict the future, to increase renewable energy adoption and reduce carbon emissions. We are building a platform that will help companies create highly accurate forecasts at unparalleled scale.
We closed our Series A from top Silicon Valley VCs, and we're growing – looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our small (but mighty) team in San Francisco. You’ll be joining a group of people committed to positive environmental impact from a wide set of backgrounds, ranging from academia, nonprofits, and other tech startups to larger technology companies like Google, Stitch Fix, and Nest.
What does a SWE at Myst do?
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll play a key role in our software development team. This includes driving design and architecture decisions, contributing to our software product, and advocating for product excellence.
What might you work on?
- Developing features that streamline and automate time series forecasting at scale
- Influencing the architecture of the forecasting platform through engineering design discussions and mentorship
- Designing fault tolerant, self-healing systems to ensure on-time forecast delivery
- Optimization of time series and relational databases to support hundreds of thousands of operations per second
- Designing elastic, responsive backend infrastructure to scale in response to scheduled and unscheduled processes
- Improving tooling for automated monitoring, alerting, and integration testing
- Promoting code quality and engineering best practices within the company
What do you need to be successful?
- 5+ years of work experience in a software engineering environment, building a product at scale
- Ability to produce production-quality Python code, using Python's native packaging tools
- Proven track record of shipping commercially successful software platforms or best-in-class technologies
- Experience with building scalable SaaS products with a focus on providing data insights that have scaled to many hundreds of customers
- High attention to detail and focus on product excellence for external users
- Collaborate effectively with other engineers and internal and external stakeholders to break down requirements and build consensus
We are passionate about Myst because we use state-of-the-art technology to increase renewable energy adoption and reduce emissions and waste. We work with a dozen leading energy companies in Europe and North America, often helping them save millions of dollars a year while reducing their carbon footprint.
We are committed to creating a culture in which people can be themselves; and we strongly believe in building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team. Some of the best people we’ve worked with did not follow conventional paths. If you think you’re a good fit, even if you don’t meet the exact qualifications, please reach out to us – we’d love to hear from you. Myst offers a competitive salary, stock options, health benefits, 401k matching, etc to full-time employees.