Senior Product Manager
San Francisco, CA /
At Myst AI, we’re building a machine learning platform that enables data scientists to create highly accurate time series forecasts at massive scale. Our vision is to create a world in which demand and supply are in continuous balance, so resources are used efficiently and sustainably for a better planet. Our current focus is to help energy companies better predict the future – to increase renewable energy adoption and reduce carbon emissions. There is an enormous addressable market (>$100B) for this platform, with an opportunity to drive significant impact in a variety of industries.
Who are we looking for?
As our first Product Manager, you’ll be responsible for driving the strategy and vision for our products. You actively engage with customers to ensure that you build products that serve and delight them. You create and prioritize user stories that capture and synthesize customer needs while maintaining a holistic product roadmap and vision. You know how to drive alignment across various stakeholders ranging from founders and company leadership to engineering and data science. You thrive in ambiguity, have strong communication skills and consistently deliver a prioritized backlog with defined functional requirements. You know how to enable engineering and data science to successfully deliver on product milestones. You have a history of establishing metrics, measuring success criteria and delivering on that success.
We’re looking for someone with at least 5 years of relevant work experience with a consistent record of being a product owner and an effective team player. You will report directly to the CEO and work hand-in-hand with our leadership team!
What will you be working on?
- Work with our leadership team to define the product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Set up product management processes and tools, leading to a culture of user-driven design
- Solicit and capture product ideas from inside and outside of our company
- Act as the customer advocate, articulating the user’s and/or buyer’s needs
- Deliver product requirements with prioritized features, market justification, and expected impact of features
- Define metrics, establish milestones, definition of done and success criteria
- Actively partner with our technical teams to ensure the successful delivery of product milestones
What do you need to be successful?
- 5+ years of hands-on product management experience on an early-stage product in a software engineering environment
- Experience building and shipping scalable B2B software systems with high-volume, complex data for technical users
- Strong advocate for product excellence and best-practices, such as creating delightful user experiences
- Driven, organized, and communicative, thriving in environments with high ambiguity
- Ability to understand the needs of and build consensus with a wide variety of stakeholders, including engineering teams, company leadership, and customers
- Empathetic leader with high EQ and an excellent culture fit for Myst (kind, humble, collaborative, curious)
- Excited about Myst — our technical vision and/or focus on sustainability
How we show up
• We care about Quality: We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and continuous improvement in our journey to long-term success.
• We believe in Diligence: We move slow to go fast because our forecasts are critical for our clients. We monitor performance and build reliable systems that clients can depend on.
• We are Resourceful: We believe in being owners of our work. When challenges arise, we find a path forward.
• We seek to Understand: We are intensely curious and welcome honest feedback, which creates an open and collaborative culture of growth.
Myst AI is a Series A company funded by top VCs, including Google. We passionately believe that some of humanity’s biggest problems such as climate change and food waste can be solved, in part, through better forecasting. We currently work with many of the world’s leading energy companies, often helping them save millions of dollars a year while reducing their carbon footprint.
We believe in building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team; and we’re committed to creating a culture in which people can bring their whole self to work. Some of the best people we’ve worked with did not follow conventional paths. If you think you’re a good fit, even if you don’t meet the exact qualifications, please contact us – we’d love to hear from you!
Myst offers a competitive salary, stock options, health benefits, 401k matching, and other great perks to full-time employees.