Business Development Associate
San Francisco, CA /
Are you excited about machine learning? Want to contribute to a more sustainable future? Myst is a startup that uses artificial intelligence to help energy companies better predict the future, increase renewable energy adoption and reduce carbon emissions. We are building a platform that helps companies create highly accurate forecasts at unprecedented scale.
We recently closed our Series A round from two top Silicon Valley VCs. We are now looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team of eight in San Francisco. You’ll be joining a group of people committed to positive environmental impact from a wide set of backgrounds, ranging from academia and nonprofits to technology companies like Google, Apple, and Nest.
Who are we looking for?
As a Business Development Associate, you will work directly with Myst’s co-founders to grow the number of electricity companies we serve. If you love to read and talk about the latest clean energy news; you enjoy crafting compelling presentations; and you excel at building relationships with engineering teams and executives alike, this role is for you.
Some of the best people we’ve worked with did not follow conventional paths. We’re also aware that women and other historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job if they don’t believe they meet all of the criteria. If you think you’re a good fit, even if you don’t meet the exact qualifications below, please reach out to us. We’d love to hear from you.
What might you be working on?
- Identify and research leading clean energy companies, in line with Myst’s business development strategy
- Reach out to these companies by actively engaging our network of trusted advisors
- Prepare for and participate in meetings with senior energy executives
- Lead Proof of Concepts and implementation of our forecasting service by working closely with our engineering and data science teams as well as our customers
- Two years of full-time professional experience in an analytical role with interactions with senior executives, such as management consulting or investment banking
- Basic understanding of the power industry and electricity markets and strong interest in clean energy companies and their business models
- Ability to independently conduct quantitative analyses and package these as customer-facing materials
- Excellent written and verbal communication and attention to detail
We are passionate about Myst because we use state-of-the-art technology to accelerate the renewable energy transition. We work with a dozen energy companies in Europe and North America, often helping them save millions of dollars a year while reducing their carbon emissions.
We are committed to creating a culture in which people can be themselves, and we strongly believe in building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team. Myst offers a competitive salary, stock options, and benefits. In addition, we provide new hires the ability to choose between different risk/reward trade offs (i.e., combinations of stock and salary).