Compiler Engineer (Frontend)
Austin or Redwood City /
Software – Software /
Mythic's platform delivers the power of desktop GPU in a single low-power chip, supporting inference for large deep neural networks. Mythic's technology is based upon an entirely new hybrid digital/analog flash calculation using 8-bit non-volatile memory arrays which have been under development since 2012. This step-change in performance brings in a range of new applications in a broad array of verticals, including safety and security, autonomous vehicles, VR/AR, robotics, and media.
Mythic is a fast-growing company with over 130 employees, $85M in funding from top tier investors, and >$1M NRE revenue from two existing customer accounts. Mythic's investors include Softbank, Threshold Ventures, Lux Capital, and Data Collective.
About the Compiler team:
We are seeking an experienced Compiler Software Engineer to join our Mythic Compiler team. We are a small nimble team that aims to be clear with each other through cross collaborations with other teams, we proactively share updates with each other and appreciate each other's open mindedness in solving challenging problems. Our passion in creating extraordinary technology gives us an individual sense of purpose in our work. In the compiler team, we create tool flow, from model description to firmware binary. This includes ingestion, different levels of intermediate representation transforms, optimization, code generation, and binary dump. It also includes model interpreter, static simulation, and equivalence checking. If you see yourself being a part of a team that shares enthusiasm and passion for technology, values trust and respect from your team members, we would love to talk with you!
What you need to know and have to be successful:
- Experience retargeting LLVM, GCC, or compiler infrastructure, Use of clang, OpenCL , or other in-house compiler
- Knowledgeable in C++ (C++14 or newer)
- Strong Python programming skills
- 2 plus years of experience and background in compiler design and development
- Develop technical specifications and break them down into tasks and phases
- Create project roadmaps with delivery timelines
- Prototype new ideas and improve the existing code base
- You are a self-starter and are comfortable with a high level of independence and discretion to complete your work
What you'll be working on:
- ONNX graph and high-level intermediate representation to connect Mythic's compiler to the machine learning framework
- You'll be working on model-interpreter to provide the inference results for functional correctness
- You'll be collaborating with internal team (Mythic's AI Engineering team)
- You'll also be working on performance improvement and model expression
What would stand out but not required:
- You have a background in research record and interest in systems programming and machine learning
- You have knowledge of modern back-end stack
- Some contributions to open-source infrastructure such as TensorFlow, Pytorch, ONNX, etc.
At Mythic, we pride ourselves in creating a culture where all employees feel valued and appreciated for the diverse perspectives and backgrounds they bring to the team. We aim to hire smart people, give them the resources they need to do their job well, and then leave the rest up to them. We celebrate individual differences and encourage people to be comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work. At the end of the day, we are committed to building a diverse workforce where everyone belongs.
Mythic is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We look forward to reviewing your application!