Senior Engineer, Deep Learning
Austin or Redwood City
Product/BD – AI Solutions
Mythic is seeking Deep Learning Engineers to join Mythic's AI Solutions team. This team works closely with customers and Mythic's Core SW engineering teams to bring Mythic-based deep learning products to market.
This position is ideal for an experienced software engineer or deep learning scientist who is interested in:
- Deploying AI in high-impact, real-world applications and settings
- Mastering next generation compute-in-memory DNN accelerators
Deep Learning Engineers will be working on high-value customer projects across a wide variety of verticals including:
- Computer vision workloads in security/surveillance and industrial machine vision
- NLP and recommendation engines in data-centers
- Mobile and consumer applications
- Autonomous vehicles/robotics
- 'Blue ocean' opportunities yet to be determined
Deep Learning Engineers will be expected to work closely with Mythic's engineering teams and technology, including:
- Learning and applying the principles of Mythic's compute-in-memory architecture to customer problems
- Working with chip designers and architects to understand the unique advantages of and opportunities within the Mythic architecture
- Helping codesign and compiler teams to develop new features and capabilities to create advantages in terms of power, speed, accuracy and model size
- Driving cutting-edge, application-centric R&D on quantization and optimization, deep learning architecture and techniques, and long term new product development programs.
Deep Learning Engineers will be integral members of the Mythic AI Solutions team:
- Industry experts in production-level deployment of Mythic's AI technology across a broad range of verticals and use cases
- Flexible pool of Deep Learning Engineers and Solutions Engineers working together to serve customers and partners
- Customer centric, fast-paced work focused on design wins, revenue, strategic partnerships and accelerating customer time-to-market
Here’s what you will do:
- Working as part of a fast-moving, multi-disciplinary (BD, HW, embedded SW, DL) team to help customers to bring deep learning inference to real-world products
- Working with software partners and vendors to help them understand and take advantage of Mythic tools, hardware and capabilities
- Working on Mythic specific deep learning architectures and new features
- Keeping close track of academic and industry research in order to find new ideas and techniques that can be applied to the Mythic system
- Building deep learning infrastructure, tools, and libraries (e.g., neural network benchmarking suites, platform translation tools, quantization scripts) for internal use and external deployment to customers.
- Working with customers and the Mythic software team to develop the Mythic workflow and client infrastructure: simulation, compilation, logging, debug tools and infrastructure.
Here’s the background we hope you have:
- 3-4+ years experience in machine learning/deep learning
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field – or equivalent work experience
- Strong programming skills with Python, or C/C++.
- Experience with one or more deep learning frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, Caffe, Keras, PyTorch, MXNet)
- Experience gathering, labeling and organizing large, high quality datasets
- Technical communication skills - writing and presenting technical and product topics to internal engineering and external customers, experience with technical as well as product-level discussions
- Experience prototyping and building ML and DL based systems, including their training, tuning, optimization and deployment in production settings
- Experience working on fast moving teams with aggressive timelines and goals
The following would be nice to have, but is not required:
- Experience in productizing deep learning/computer vision algorithms.
- Experience with infrastructure for machine learning or deep learning
- Experience with edge computing (SoC) or/and GPU computing or/and cloud computing
- Experience in version control, continuous integration, unit and regression testing.
- Experience in software design and API design.
- Experience with container technology (Docker)
- Product development experience, gathering and disseminating customer requirements
Mythic is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We look forward to reviewing your application!