Embedded Software Engineer
London,United Kingdom /
London, White City (with options for remote first)Competitive salary + stock options
You rarely get the chance to change an industry. But that's the position which we find ourselves in. Join us, and you’ll unleash scientists, accelerate their research and help get drugs to patients earlier.
We’re Mytos and we’re automating cell culture, one of the most painful and important processes in biology.
We’re a low-ego, high-urgency team of 13, backed by Y Combinator, the most successful startup accelerator in the world. This year our team will be tripling in size and we are looking to find incredible software engineers that will grow with the company.
Currently, software at Mytos consists of strong generalists, working across firmware, embedded, cloud and mobile. We are looking for an experienced embedded engineer with lots of growth potential to take on complex challenges as we scale up and ship out devices to our customers.
This is an opportunity to work on projects at the interface of software, hardware and biology. When you join us, you’ll get to:
- Work alongside an incredible team, from experts growing stem cells to R&D hardware engineers creating custom optics.
- Be part of a company which is tripling in size in the coming year, presenting a lot of opportunity for personal growth.
- Collaborate on technical requirements for upcoming features and plan feature implementation.
- Work closely with other software engineers to share data with the cloud and handle control requests.
- Improve image capture of the cells during growth, perform basic analysis and share data with the cloud.
- Debug issues with devices downloading software updates and control power on behaviour of firmware.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have had at least 4 years experience developing embedded systems for production environments, ideally in industries with some degree of regulation.
- You employ modern software engineering practices to write clean, extensible and efficient code which is easy to understand and highly testable.
- You are proficient in Python programming and are comfortable learning new languages (we use TypeScript for scheduling and control of microcontrollers).You have experience with IoT messaging protocols such as MQTT or event driven architectures and the Async API initiative interests you.
- You've used embedded Linux build systems such as Yocto or used services such as BalenaCloud to ensure repeatable software environments on embedded devices.
- Projects you have worked on included capturing images using external camera sensors and analysing those images on the device they were captured.
- The prospect of optimising the available resources to run edge processing effectively excites you, including GPU acceleration with tools such as CUDA or Vulkan Compute.
We’re building a team that enjoys moving fast and not killing cells, strives for continuous improvement through learning from mistakes and is passionate about work that contributes to solving real world problems. We learn together, grow together and solve hard problems together.
We get very excited about meeting potential colleagues who share our enthusiasm for unconstrained innovation and understanding our users. Our benefits include options, 24 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), pension, thoughtful colleagues and a lab in the Imperial College Innovation hub in White City, where you’ll be based (when not working remotely).