Laboratory Technician / Lab manager
London, White City
£ 25,000 - 35,000 - depending on experience.
You rarely get the chance to change an industry. But that's the position in which we find ourselves. Join us, and you’ll unleash scientists, accelerate their research and help get vaccines and drugs to patients earlier.
We’re Mytos and we’re automating cell culture, one of the most painful and important processes in biology.
We’re a low-ego, high-urgency team of 14, backed by Y Combinator, the most successful startup accelerator in the world. Our team spans multiple disciplines and work together to achieve our goal. If you join us, you’ll be a critical part of our success by making the parts that directly interface with the cells.
This is a unique opportunity to work and grow in a multidisciplinary environment. The successful candidate will carry out day to day production of consumables for the device.
- Our lab is the heart of our research and development. Your job is to work with our whole team to ensure it runs smoothly and safely
- You'll be assisting in experiments and maintaining a range of different cell types
- You will be the point of contact for maintaining our equipment
- Inventory will be managed by you and you will responsible for ordering and liaising with suppliers
We’d love to hear from you if:
- Have hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture in a BSL-2 lab
- Have experience in lab management
- Have any experience in ordering and maintaining supplier relationships
- Organised and systematic
- Personable, friendly and have a can-do attitude
- Believe in continuous improvement
We’re building a team that enjoys moving fast and not killing cells, strives for continuous improvement through learning from mistakes and is passionate about work that contributes to solving real world problems. We learn together, grow together (not just cells) and solve hard problems together.
We get excited about meeting potential colleagues who share our enthusiasm for unconstrained innovation and understanding our users. Our benefits include 24 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), paid lunch, pension, thoughtful colleagues and a lab in the Imperial College Innovation hub in White City, where you’ll be based.
Our solutions are going to transform the way every biotech works. Join us and help us get there!