London,United Kingdom /
You rarely get the chance to change an industry. But that's the position in which we find ourselves. Join us, and you’ll unleash scientists, accelerate their research and help get vaccines and drugs to patients earlier.
We’re Mytos and we’re automating cell culture, one of the most painful and important processes in biology.
We’re a low-ego, high-urgency team of 17, backed by Y Combinator, the most successful startup accelerator in the world. Our team spans software, hardware, mechanical engineering and, of course, biology. If you join us, you’ll be the voice of the cells within our team. Acting as a filter between the software and hardware teams, you’ll push the boundaries of the device and help us meet the needs of our users.
This is a unique opportunity to work on projects at the interface of engineering and biology. When you join us, you’ll get to:
- Get your hands on fresh-out-the-oven prototypes of our device. You’ll become a power-user and help us push the boundaries of what they can do.
- Design and develop new ways to adopt established cell culture protocols onto our system.
- Carry out feature testing to de-risk and accelerate system integration.
- Design, run and troubleshoot experiments and identify abnormal or unexpected trends in data.
- Be the bridge to our hardware and software teams and work with lots of different skill sets.
- Bring your focus on detail, documentation, validation and experimentation to our cross-functional team.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You’ve worked with mammalian cells in a fluidic setting such as bioprocessing, process development or microfluidics and are very familiar with common laboratory techniques to query cell health.
- You believe that the high autonomy, product and user focussed environment of an early stage start-up is the right place to unleash your potential.
- Solid and efficient experimental design is a strength. You enjoy experimentation, data analysis, validation and documentation.
- You’d like to apply your creative thinking to the continual improvement of our lab processes. You love finding smart ways to solve hard problems, and always favour boring, simple solutions over complex ones.
We’re building a team that enjoys moving fast and not killing cells, strives for continuous improvement through learning from mistakes and is passionate about work that contributes to solving real world problems. We learn together, grow together (not just cells) and solve hard problems together.
We get excited about meeting potential colleagues who share our enthusiasm for unconstrained innovation and understanding our users. Our benefits include a 24 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), pension, thoughtful colleagues and a lab in the Imperial College Innovation hub in White City, where you’ll be based.
Our solutions are going to transform the way every biotech works. Join us and help us get there!