Chief of Staff
London, White City (with flexible working)
Mytos is accelerating the entire biotech industry by automating the most manual process today — growing human cells. Our pre-order customers include 5 multi-billion dollar biotechs, and customers are biting our arm off for this solution — with $1m in new pre-orders just in the last 6 months.
Cells are the foundations of all new medicines — whether in drug development where cells are the testbed, or in cell therapy where cells are the medicine. But today cells are grown by hand, which bottlenecks their production and impacts quality. The Mytos Platform brings together software and hardware to fully automate manufacture of any human cell type, accelerating the research and manufacture of new medicines and getting them to patients faster.
We’re a low-ego, high-urgency team that spans software, hardware and biology.
Meet the team here: Team Video.
Mytos is backed by Y Combinator, the most successful startup accelerator in the world
We’ve hired a smart team, proven our technology works, and now we need to move fast after our vision.
Mytos is looking for a Chief of Staff to work hand-in-hand with the founders and scale the company — first by filling key roles themselves, and then scaling the business by backfilling themselves in Business Operations, Finance, Talent & People, and key strategic projects over time. You should be analytical, efficient and high EQ, and used to moving fast.
As the founders’ Chief of Staff you’ll be responsible for working closely with the founders and tech leads to drive critical initiatives and operations across the company. You’ll act as an advisor to the founders, help limit distractions and serve as a force multiplier to the leadership team.
You’ll work with our industry-leading advisors to build out key functions required for Mytos to scale. In this role you’ll gain invaluable experience operating in a high impact, high performance deep-tech company.
As Chief of Staff you’ll:
- Own business operations (operational and financial planning, legal, reporting)
- Remove all barriers to Mytos’ growth
- Ensure Mytos is a place talent will thrive by building and owning people operations and performance frameworks
- Collaborate with the founders on initiatives across strategic projects to fundraising
- Advise on internal communications
We are looking for someone who:
- Obsesses over details that matter, and moves fast on the rest
- Is the person in the room people count on to get things done
- Is comfortable laying out thinking in writing — and writes simply
- Communicates with high EQ
- Knows when more process is an accelerant vs red tape
- A highly organised self-starter
- Learns fast and uses first principles to solve problems in new areas
- Knows how to act quickly & decisively, and carefully & methodically — and has the experience to know the difference
- 1st interview with either of the founders, Ali or Ignacio. We will cover the role and your ambitions to ensure role-fit (45 mins)
- 2nd interview with both founders where we will do a deep dive into your experience (90 mins)
- 3rd cultural interview with Ali (CEO & Co-Founder) (60 mins)
Most of the interviews will be held over Zoom but we would like to have at least one in-person interview at our offices. As we progress to an offer we will ask for references via the Searchlight platform. You will have the opportunity to meet with any of the team that you wish to speak to directly.