Associate Stem Cell Scientist
Salary: £25,000-£35,000 + stock options
You rarely get the chance to change an entire industry. But that's the position we find ourselves in. We’re developing a machine that totally automates mammalian cell culture - one of the most painful but important processes in biology.
Cells are crucial for biotech and pharma. They’re used to discover and develop new drugs, AND they enable cutting-edge cancer cell therapies. Mytos has the potential to impact therapy development across the board.
We’ve assembled a world-class team to take on this challenge, with ex-Dyson engineers and Nature-published scientists working hand-in-hand. You can learn more about your potential Mytos teammates here: Team
Mytos is backed by Y Combinator, the most successful startup program in the world which produced companies such as AirBnb, Dropbox, and Ginkgo Bioworks.
We’re looking for a scientist to join our biology team and push our internal testing capacity. This is a unique opportunity to learn how to execute projects at the interface of engineering and biology.
We believe in autonomy, and you should expect to execute your tasks independently and attempt to overcome hurdles you encounter, with team members always available to advise as you require.
You’ll be interfacing with multiple disciplines, such as hardware/software engineers, so expect to have to learn about these different areas too.
- Maintain high quality iPSCs for downstream applications
- Characterising human iPSCs using common molecular biology techniques
- Technical support in complex experimentsContribute to lab maintenance activities
- Occasional weekend work may be required
- BSc or M.Sc. in Molecular and Cell Biology or related area with at least 1 year of work experience
- Hands-on experience with undifferentiated human PSC culture, maintenance and characterization. Preferably using feeder-free conditions and experience with multiple cell lines
- Good experimental design and data analysis skills
- Experience with molecular and cell biology techniques, including DNA/RNA isolation, RT-PCR, qPCR, immunostaining, image analysis, and flow cytometry
- Competitive £25,000-£35,000 salary with stock options
- Collaborative team environment with very high potential to learn new skills
Our solutions are going to transform the way every biotech works. Join us and help us get there!