Junior Mechanical Engineer
You rarely get the chance to change an entire industry. But that's the position we find ourselves in. Join us, and you’ll unleash scientists, accelerate their research and help get cures to patients sooner
We’re developing a machine that fully automates human cell production - one of the most painful but important processes in biology. Cells are used to discover and develop new drugs, and now they're being used to cure cancer too. Mytos has the potential to impact cure development across the board.
We’ve assembled a world-class team to take on this challenge, with ex-Dyson engineers and Nature-published scientists working hand-in-hand. You can learn more about your potential Mytos teammates here: Team
Mytos is backed by Y Combinator, the most successful startup program in the world which produced companies such as AirBnb, Dropbox, and Ginkgo Bioworks.
We believe that as a mechanical engineer, you’d be hard pressed to find a more interesting and impactful problem to work on. We’d love to hear from you if you think you would enjoy:
- Working in the HW team to develop solutions to be incorporated in our systems
- Having the freedom to suggest ways to refine existing designs, and how we source and manufacture parts
- Understanding user goals and user journeys, and incorporating them into continuously improving product design
- Assembling, testing and validating complex devices
- Multi-disciplinary collaboration across the whole team, which includes two Forbes 30 under 30 founders, ex-Dyson engineers, rock climbers and Nature-published scientists
- An educational background in Mechanical Engineering, with an interest in product and user centred design
- Some related work experience or internships. We’re especially excited to meet potential colleagues with exposure to the fields of lab automation, medical devices, and robotics, with a keen interest in thermodynamics, fluidics, and control systems
- Experience with at least one CAD package (Solidworks preferable)
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary with stock options
- Lunch covered daily
- Collaborative team environment with very high potential to learn new skills
- 24 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Awesome colleagues and an office in the Imperial College Innovation hub in White City, where you’ll be based.
- Because of the device assembly aspect of this role, we are unable to support remote-first working and potential colleagues must be happy to work from our lab.
We’re building a team that enjoys moving fast and not killing cells, strives for continuous improvement through learning from mistakes and is passionate about work that contributes to solving real world problems.
We get excited about meeting potential colleagues from broad scientific/engineering backgrounds and who share our enthusiasm for unconstrained innovation and understanding our users.