London,United Kingdom /
You rarely get the chance to change an industry. But that's the position which we find ourselves in. Join us, and you’ll unleash scientists, accelerate their research and help get drugs to patients earlier.
We’re Mytos and we’re automating cell culture, one of the most painful and important processes in biology.
We’re a low-ego, high-urgency team of 18, backed by Y Combinator, the most successful startup accelerator in the world. This year our team will be tripling in size and we are looking to find incredible software engineers that will grow with the company.
Currently, software at Mytos consists of strong generalists, working across firmware, embedded, cloud and mobile. We are looking for an experienced backend engineer with lots of growth potential to take on complex challenges as we scale up and ship out devices to our customers.
This is an opportunity to work on projects at the interface of software, hardware and biology. When you join us, you’ll get to:
- Work alongside an incredible team, from experts growing stem cells to R&D hardware engineers creating custom optics.
- Be part of a company which is tripling in size in the coming year, presenting a lot of opportunity for personal growth.
- Collaborate on technical requirements for upcoming features and plan feature implementation.
- Work closely with other software engineers to communicate between customer mobile devices and Mytos devices in their lab.
- Handle large quantities of events and data being streamed from the Mytos device including time series data and microscope images.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have had at least 4 years experience as a backend or full stack developer in a product focused organisation.
- You have worked on a system which has cloud infrastructure that communicates with either on-premise servers or IoT devices.
- You are very proficient at writing strongly typed and performant TypeScript code for NodeJS applications using the latest language and framework capabilities.
- You have experience with pub/sub messaging protocols or queues such as MQTT and the AsyncAPI initiative interests you.
- You have had experience with either GraphQL or OpenAPI standard for defining and managing the interface between the client and server.
- You understand the interactions between services at scale, how to manage updating services independently and planning for redundancy.
We use the following technologies
- Frontend (Netlify): React, TypeScript, GraphQL
- Backend (AWS & Heroku): NodeJS, TypeScript, GraphQL, MongoDB
- Physical Device (on-premise): NodeJS, Typescript, FastAPI, Python, MQTT
- Firmware: C++, GTest, GMock, Bazel, Platformio
Our interview process is as follows:
- Introductory call with a Mytos team member (20 minutes)
- Technical call with a software engineer at Mytos (1 hour)
- Take home preparation for technical onsite interview (2 hours)
- Technical onsite interview (2 hours)
- Founder interview (1 hour)
We’re building a team that enjoys moving fast and not killing cells, strives for continuous improvement through learning from mistakes and is passionate about work that contributes to solving real world problems. We learn together, grow together and solve hard problems together.
We get very excited about meeting potential colleagues who share our enthusiasm for unconstrained innovation and understanding our users. Our benefits include options, 32 days holiday, pension, thoughtful colleagues and a lab in the Imperial College Innovation hub in White City, where you’ll be based (when not working remotely).