(Junior) Fluidics Engineer
London,United Kingdom /
London, White City
£ 25,000 - 35,000 depending on experience.
You rarely get the chance to change an industry. But that's the position in which we find ourselves. Join us, and you’ll unleash scientists, accelerate their research and help get vaccines and drugs to patients earlier.
We’re Mytos and we’re automating cell culture, one of the most painful and important processes in biology.
We’re a low-ego, high-urgency team of 17, backed by Y Combinator, the most successful startup accelerator in the world. Our team spans multiple disciplines and work together to achieve our goal. If you join us, you’ll be a critical part of our success by making the parts that directly interface with the cells.
This is a unique opportunity to work and grow in a multidisciplinary environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for the production of consumables for the device.
We believe that as a fluidic engineer, you’d be hard pressed to find a more interesting and impactful problem to work on. We’d love to hear from you if you think you would enjoy:
- Leading the supply of complex fluidic prototype consumables to internal teams, which in turn get used to grow cells on our devices
- Collaborating with multidisciplinary team mates to capture & suggest refinements to designs
- The freedom to assess how we source & manufacture parts / fluidic assemblies
- Rapidly translating early consumable ideas into prototypes alongside senior engineers
- Multi-disciplinary collaboration across the whole team, which includes two Forbes 30 under 30 founders, ex-Dyson engineers, rock climbers and Nature-published scientists
We’d love to hear from you if:
- Have an educational background in at least one of our core engineering disciplines (mechanical, biology, bioengineering or related)
- Have experience in fluidics.
- We’re especially excited to meet potential colleagues with exposure to the fields of lab automation, bioprocessing, analytical equipment and medical devices.
- Have experience managing suppliersHave experience drafting and reviewing SOPs
- You have a good eye for detail
- Believe in continuous improvement and not afraid of asking questions
We’re building a team that enjoys moving fast and not killing cells, strives for continuous improvement through learning from mistakes and is passionate about work that contributes to solving real world problems. We learn together, grow together (not just cells) and solve hard problems together.
We get excited about meeting potential colleagues who share our enthusiasm for unconstrained innovation and understanding our users. Our benefits include 24 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), paid lunch, pension, thoughtful colleagues and a lab in the Imperial College Innovation hub in White City, where you’ll be based.
Our solutions are going to transform the way every biotech works. Join us and help us get there!