Competition makes us faster. Collaboration makes us better.
NAI Northern California is among the fastest growing commercial real estate brokerages, and a top 10 Commercial brokerage. Local offices are located in San Francisco, Oakland and San Jose, and the global network has 400+ offices. We have three complementary business lines in the Bay Area: Lakeside Investment Company, Highview Property Management and Piedmont Capital with centralized accounting. We’ve created an innovative culture and are proud of our innovative model and competitive advantages. Our team members love the collaboration, teamwork and transparency.
We are considering qualified Accountant applicants to support Bay Area operations out of Oakland. The Accountant works independently to support accounting processes for several business entities.
What the Accountant will do:
- Process AP/AR such as tenant payments, commissions, prepare bank deposits
- Manage common area maintenance (CAM) reconciliations
- Set up new tenants, vendors and properties in our property management platform, Genesis 2
- Prepare monthly/quarterly financial reports
- Prepare annual budgets working with management team Assist our 3rd party CPA in year-end tax preparation
- Close out books for properties sold and processing distributions to investors
- Research and resolve tenant or vendor billing inquiries
The qualifications we seek:
- Minimum 3 Years general Accounting experience, preferably from a small to mid sized company where you touched all aspects of accounting - AP, AR, Payroll, cutting checks, bank and GL recons, reports, etc
- Property management and/or real estate investment background will be a major plus but not required
- Experience with Yardi/Genesis 2 would help, but you feel financial systems is one of your biggest strengths
- You will fit in best if you enjoy a fast-paced, rapidly expanding company where you can wear many hats and contribute to scaling internal controls and systems as we grow
- Better than average knowledge of Excel spreadsheets - use of pivot tables, v- look-up functions
- Knowledge of equity grants, brokerage commissions, Limited Partnerships, and syndication's are bonus points
A Little More About Us:
NAI Northern California is the local representation of NAI Global - the largest Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Network in the world with 400+ offices worldwide and over 7,000 professionals. NAI is a global “Top 5” Commercial Real Estate Company dedicated to having the most successful, productive, and happy teams in the industry.
The collaborative, tech-forward culture we have grown in Northern California is a major competitive advantage that will expedite your success. We have fun often and laugh easily, and yet we are at the top of our game and deliver the highest quality to our customers and clients. Take us seriously when we say our sights are focused upon gaining market share and doing what it takes to be really successful - and carving a name for ourselves in the San Francisco Bay Area.
What Are Our People Doing & Saying?
"Working at NAI Northern California gives you the benefit of working for a global brand, combined with the feel and culture of a Bay Area startup. Our open, transparent platform, and our strong collaboration lends to one of the most unique work environments in the industry. Ultimately, I opted for NAI over the competing firms because I felt that it gave me the best chance to grow and fulfill my potential."
– Shivu Srinivasan, Senior Vice President – NAI Northern California Top Performer, 2017