Redwood City, CA
If you’ve ever tried to change your body through diet or exercise, you know that just paying attention to your weight can be deceiving, even destructive. Naked Labs wants to fix that. We’ve built the world’s first in-home, consumer-priced body scanner. Derived from our incredibly accurate 3D body scans, we show users a holistic suite of fitness metrics — visual changes, measurements, body fat percentage and weight — so that they literally see progress as it happens.
With Naked, we’ve created a game changing new category for health and wellness. AND we know we’ve just scratched the surface of what can be enabled (clothing fit, physical therapy, sport performance, health research, ergonomic design…) when you can quickly and easily capture someone’s body in 3D: fitness is just the beginning!
As a Systems Architect, you will have experience in several functional areas of responsibility and system design. You will lead and drive the system architecture of Naked Labs products as well as review, analyze, prototype and characterize new technologies for inclusion in our products.
· Understand and analyze the entire system: hardware, firmware, embedded OS/code, app and backend
· Our product has a large CV component. Having an understanding of Computer Vision, machine learning and 3D sensors is highly preferred.
· Assess design alternatives based on BOM cost, project costs, schedule, features, power, reliability, etc.
· Partition large systems into (successive layers of) subsystems and components, each of which can be handled by a single engineer or team of engineers or subordinate architect
· Create internal and external system specifications
· Create and/or review implementation requirement documents/block diagrams for architected features
· Collaborate with domain experts to define the system requirements, create the long-term strategy and direction for the technology platform
· Provide guidance to direct applied research towards achieving proof-of-concept prototypes and demonstration of viability
· 15+ years of engineering experience
· 7+ years of system architecture experience
· General knowledge of hardware, firmware, software, operating systems and similar systems
· Domain knowledge in one or more of these areas: Optics, Computer Vision or Machine Learning
· Proven track record of delivering hardware consumer products from beginning to end
· Excellent communication skills to work with cross-functional teams and customers
Why You Should Join Us:
· You’ll be joining a startup at the beginning of an incredible journey and will get to help shape a product that people absolutely love
· You’ll receive a competitive salary, equity, benefits, and unlimited vacation time
· You’ll work alongside brilliant people who care deeply about the experiences of others: customers, colleagues, and partners
· You’ll have the autonomy to do the best work of your career, but also the support of peers who are genuinely invested in your growth
· You’ll have the opportunity to use prototyping (drawing, writing, coding, building…) to solve problems and experimentation to make decisions
· You’ll be a part of an ambitious, highly-collaborative crew made up of artists, yogis, cyclists, DJs, and cooks… if you like doing stuff and making stuff, you’ll love working with our team!