Computer Vision Engineer - Machine Learning
If you’ve ever tried to change your body through diet or exercise, you know that just paying attention to your weight can be deceiving, even destructive. Naked Labs wants to fix that. We’ve built the world’s first in-home, consumer-priced body scanner. Derived from our incredibly accurate 3D body scans, we show users a holistic suite of fitness metrics — visual changes, measurements, body fat percentage and weight — so that they literally see progress as it happens.
With Naked, we’ve created a game changing new category for health and wellness. AND we know we’ve just scratched the surface of what can be enabled (clothing fit, physical therapy, sport performance, health research, ergonomic design…) when you can quickly and easily capture someone’s body in 3D: fitness is just the beginning!
We are looking for highly motivated and talented computer vision enthusiasts to join us advancing the cutting edge of body modeling.
Role and Responsibilities:
· You’ll be working with highly talented computer vision enthusiasts
· You’ll be tackling hard challenges of body modeling (e.x. body pose estimation, body segmentation, body measurements estimation, etc.)
· Explore and build new machine learning based systems for body modeling
· Be an expert on body modeling with a deep understanding of our technology
· Characterize and quantify the performance of the vision systems
· Research and prototype new approaches
· Debug and optimize existing new code
· Master’s in Computer Vision / Machine Learning or equivalent industry experience
· 3+ years of academic or professional research experience in the field of machine learning, human body modeling, and optimization methods
· Experience with using depth sensors for computer vision
· Intermediate experience with C++ programming
· Strong mathematical skills
· Experience with development under Linux
Nice to Have:
· Real-time 3D reconstruction experience
· Hands-on experience with large scale computer vision systems development
· Professional C++ programming experience
· Previous experience in building real-time critical applications
· Familiar with some of these well-known deep learning libraries: Caffe, Torch, TensorFlow, and Theano
· Experience in concurrent programming and using SIMD, such as AVX-256 and AVX-512
· GP-GPU/OpenGL and OpenCV experience
Why You Should Join Us:
· You’ll be joining a startup at the beginning of an incredible journey and will get to help shape a product that people absolutely love
· You’ll receive a competitive salary, equity, benefits, and unlimited vacation time
· You’ll work alongside brilliant people who care deeply about the experiences of others: customers, colleagues, and partners
· You’ll have the autonomy to do the best work of your career, but also the support of peers who are genuinely invested in your growth.
· You’ll have the opportunity to use prototyping (drawing, writing, coding, building…) to solve problems and experimentation to make decisions
· You’ll be a part of an ambitious, highly-collaborative crew made up of artists, yogis, cyclists, DJs, and cooks… if you like doing stuff and making stuff, you’ll love working with our team!
· The annual salary starts at EUR 50.000 and can be increased based personal qualifications and experience.
Where to apply:
· If you are interested in this position, we are looking forward to receiving your application online. Please submit your application here: