Lead Software Engineer - FedNow Team
New York, NY
Narmi is how community financial institutions unlock the very latest capabilities in digital banking and account opening – so they can move faster, tap new growth opportunities, and be where banking is going. Since our founding, Narmi has moved billions of dollars and opened hundreds of thousands of accounts for banks and credit unions across the US. As a result, our customers have seen meaningful increases in deposits, revenues, and happy customers. In fact, one of the first financial institutions to leverage Narmi was recognized by Bankrate and NerdWallet for providing the #1 digital experience for a bank or credit union in the US.
About the FedNow Engineering team:
You will lead and grow a newly established team of engineers at Narmi centered around the development and design of Narmi’s FedNow solution. FedNow is a new service for instant payments launched by the Federal Reserve in 2023. Narmi’s capacity as a FedNow Service Provider will be an important differentiator for Narmi in the years ahead as it will help enable financial institutions to provide their customers with the ability to send and receive payments any time, any day, and have full access to those funds within seconds.
What you'll do:
- Lead a team of backend-focused software engineers
- Plan, develop, implement, and iterate on Narmi’s utilization of the FedNow service
- Provide mentorship and engineering perspective across the organization
- Collaborate with product teams to support new feature development and product goals related to FedNow services
- Take part in code reviews and testing
What you'll bring:
- 10+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Great work ethic, agility, and experience as a top performer
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
- Experience leading engineering teams and fully owning features
- Willingness to occasionally work in New York City
- Experience at a startup or financial technology firm
- Mastery of Python or a similar language
- Working experience with some of the following: AWS, Terraform, Postgres, Linux
- Previous experience working with a payment system (e.g. RTP, ACH, FedWire, systems using ISO 20022 or ISO 8583)
This role's expected annual base salary is $200,000 - $220,000. Base salary is only part of your total compensation. In addition to base salary, you will receive an equity option grant, and are eligible for performance-based cash and equity bonuses. Compensation included in an offer will be commensurate with the candidate’s skills, experience and geographic location. Compensation ranges for candidates located outside of New York City may differ. You will also receive a full benefits package.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups.
Please note that all correspondence related to this role will come directly from Narmi (email addresses ending in @narmi.com or @narmitech.com), and not a third party. If you receive correspondence from an individual claiming to represent Narmi please let us know immediately at email@example.com