Senior Site Reliability Engineer
New York, NY /
Who We Are:
Narmi transforms America’s financial institutions into digital-first institutions. Over the past three years, we’ve grown 100%+ year-over-year, have built and implemented multiple products and have established one of the highest net revenue retention (i.e. how much revenue increases from your existing customer base) metrics in our industry. This means our customers love us and want to buy more products from us.
Our award-winning digital banking and digital account opening platforms have moved millions of dollars and opened thousands of accounts since inception. In fact, the #1 online bank in the country (Radius Bank), leverages Narmi for their entire digital bank: https://www.bankrate.com/banking/best-online-banks/
Narmi's Co-Founders previously ran a financial institution as CEO and CTO so understand the challenges and needs of the market first-hand. This gives us a unique competitive advantage and heavily influences our product and engineering efforts.
We are looking for someone who is excited by the prospect of founding our reliability engineering team.
Ideally, you are are a hybrid engineer who can design and manage our infrastructure while improving reliability and efficiency. We use tools like Terraform and Ansible to provision and configure our cloud systems, CI/CD systems to automate tasks, and the ELK stack to understand our systems. We're looking for engineers who want to be a part of developing, maintaining, and scaling our systems.
- Work on automating our operations and configuration.
- Engineer reliability and performance into our product and services.
- Manage and secure our cloud-based infrastructure.
- Diagnose and fix issues in a distributed, containerized application.
- Improve existing infrastructure, replacing existing systems with greenfield work when appropriate.
- Evolve our systems to handle new demands and scale.
- Investigate problems and discover the right tools to solve them.
- Incident response (on-call) and root cause analysis.
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Strong networking knowledge
- Security-centric approach
- Strong linux command line tools understanding
- Ability to diagnose technical problems, debug code, and automate routine tasks
- Analytical approach coupled with solid communication skills and a sense of ownership
- Strong programming experience
- Have native proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups.