Consumer Loan Servicing Representative
Upper Marlboro, MD /
Lending – Loan Servicing /
NASA Federal Credit Union is in search of a Consumer Loan Servicing Representative to deliver exceptional customer service via telephone, mail, and email while assisting members with NASA FCU lending products and services. The Consumer Loan Servicing Representative (CLSR) will maintain accurate data in our loan servicing systems for consumer loans as well as acting as a member and branch liaison for all consumer loan transaction-related questions. This position will post payments and payoffs to loan accounts. It will respond to internal and external email communications, process and post life/disability/unemployment credit protection claims and process loan corrections. The CLSR will maintain loans under the Servicemember’s Civil Relief Act (SCRA) and handle GAP insurance remittance, claims and reporting functions. This position will process account transfers due to security breach or removal of member from account. It will also process credit bureau reporting and corrections and all tasks associated with maintaining vehicle collateral file.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers incoming telephone calls.
- Responds to internal and external email communications.
- Picks up and delivers all Loan Servicing incoming mail.
- Handles all internal/external member inquiries pertaining to documents (including court/subpoena research).
- Tracks and fulfills all research and copy requests.
- Completes written Verifications of Deposit.
- Processes all online SSI and Medicaid Account Verifications.
- Scans and indexes documents to Synergy.
- Quality Controls 10% of all scanned documents indexed in Synergy.
- Coordinates destruction of sensitive documents with the Facilities Department.
- Verifies accuracy of 10% of new loans and critical fields; completes corrections as needed.
- Orders consumer loan coupon books and Cashline Checks.
- Inputs phone pay requests into database and mails confirmation letters.
- Processes “Skip A Payments”.
- Sets-up Automatic Payment Transfers upon request.
- Reviews EFT setup for accuracy.
- Processes Payoff Requests for all Consumer loan types.
- Posts payments to all Consumer loan types.
- Forwards all vehicle insurance to third party vendor for tracking.
- Issues Vehicle Lien Release Letters.
- Posts life/disability/unemployment credit protection payments.
- May be in training to learn the job duties of the Consumer Loan Servicing Representative II position.
Level II: All Level I responsibilities and the following:
- Responsible for Consumer loan research and corrections.
- Responsible for the e-LoanServicing Touch Point email queue.
- Responsible for monitoring Collateral Protection Insurance (CPI) reports.
- Processes manual CPI premiums and refunds on restricted accounts/paid in full.
- Submits CPI Loan Maintenance Requests online with third party vendor to cancel tracking for total loss and paid in full vehicles.
- Submits CPI claims for payment; posts payouts.
- Releases titles on paid vehicle loans.
- Completes and returns all insurance total loss letters of guarantee.
- Responsible for insurance total loss follow-up on outstanding claims.
- Responsible for mailing deficiency notification/GAP notification to member.
- Responsible for processing internal GAP claims and assists members with external claims.
- Processes GAP remittance monthly.
- Responsible for account transfers due to security breach or removal of member from account.
- Processes incoming garnishments, liens, and levies.
- Responsible for submitting garnishment answers to court/agency and disburses funds post-judgment.
- Serves as CUSC (student loan) liaison. Responsible for account specific servicer requests as well as verification of monthly reporting.
- Researches and submits new life/disability/unemployment credit protection claims.
- Reviews daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
- May also be responsible for all or part of the duties of the Consumer Loan Servicing Representative I position.
- May be in training to learn the job duties of the Consumer Loan Servicing Representative III position.
Level III: All level I and II responsibilities and the following:
- Maintains loans under the Servicemember’s Civil Relief Act (SCRA).
- Processes state to state and name change vehicle title requests.
- Researches and processes lien placement with the department of motor vehicle on escalated/defaulted collateral.
- Reviews pending title reports and makes applicable collateral updates to loan documentation or system information.
- Processes FCON report and uploads all requested documents to third party vehicle title management site.
- Reviews unmatched vehicle title report and adds loans in third party title management site as needed.
- Serves as main Credit Union contact for all deceased accounts.
- Reviews all deceased documentation; communicates with attorney/administrator/beneficiaries.
- Offsets outstanding deceased loans if appropriate to Credit Union guidelines.
- Files estate claims for outstanding loans.
- Disburses share funds to beneficiary/estate.
- Assists joint members with ownership changes to deceased membership accounts.
- Reviews lines of credit for adverse action or individual ownership.
- Obtains IRA beneficiary paperwork and services as a liaison for payouts.
- May also be responsible for all or part of the duties of the Consumer Loan Servicing Representative I and II positions.
- Has a thorough knowledge of FCRA; responsible for credit bureau reporting, disputes and corrections.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- One-year relevant experience and/or training required.
- Strong knowledge of consumer loan systems, car title procedures, credit union and governmental agency regulations and policies
- Willingness to learn and be challenged
- Ability to work Monday thru Friday from 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Level II: Includes all requirements from Level I
- Two to four years relevant experience required.
Level III: Includes all requirements from Level I and Level II
- Three to six years relevant experience required.
- Strong knowledge of consumer loan systems, car title procedures, credit union and governmental agency regulations and policies.
Our generous benefit package includes:
- $43,680 - $59,280 / Annually (based on experience and level)
- 401(k) match to 6% of earnings – immediate enrollment and 100% vesting
- Choice of two health plans
- Life Insurance – no cost
- Long-term Disability Insurance – no cost
- Employee Assistance Program – no cost
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- 11 Paid holidays
- Profit Sharing eligible
- Pet Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection