Branch Member Service Associate (Part-Time)
Prince George's County, MD /
Branch Operations – Branch /
As a Part-time Branch Member Service Associate, you will deliver exceptional customer service in our branches while successfully promoting and selling NASA FCU products and services. You must possess proven customer service skills; strong verbal communication; and above all, a desire to help others. The Part-time Branch Member Service Associate position is a tiered position with formal training modules – YOU control your career advancement as you learn and execute new skills. In addition to a solid compensation package, there is also a generous part-time benefits opportunity.
- Empathizes with members and provides solutions to make it easy for members to acquire and effectively use NASA FCU products and services.
- Identifies member needs to provide solutions on products that meet the member's needs and facilitate the member's financial security.
- Responds to member inquiries regarding the operation of accounts, interest rates on savings and loan products, account discrepancies, credit, debit and ATM cards and loan applications.
- Processes a variety of financial transactions on member accounts including deposits, withdrawals, funds transfers loan payments, check orders, share certificates, ACH/payroll/direct deposit, dire transfers, and stop payment set up and changes.
- Handles complex member situations such as deceased member, guardianships, and representative payee accounts.
- Handles consumer loan application processing, document collection, and disbursements.
- Advises members regarding available insurance protection (life, disability, gap, etc.).
- All MSAs may be temporarily assigned to other branches or departments (Call Center) to meet the business needs of the Credit Union.
- All MSAs may be assigned duties to support other areas in the Credit Union.
- All MSAs are expected to support the Call Center queues (phone and email).
Education and/or Experience
- MSA I - High school diploma or general education degree (GED). A minimum of one year of customer service experience or Bank/Credit Union/financial Call Center knowledge/experience with financial products. Cash handling experience required.
- MSA II - High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Bank/Credit Union experience with at least 6-months of opening Personal Accounts such as savings, checking, CDs, Money Market. Experience with Specialty Accounts such as Trusts, Power of Attorney, Custodial Accounts, Guardianship Accounts, Estate, and Foreign Accounts. Experience with sales/cross-selling.
- MSA III – High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Bank/Credit Union experience with Broad and Advanced financial products such as Life and Disability Insurance, Gap Insurance. Advanced Accounts experience required such as HSA, IRA, and Business accounts, Loan Processing, counseling experience. Advanced sales/cross-selling experience.
We offer a generous benefit package:
Competitive Hourly Compensation: Part time positions start at $21.00/hour (Based on experience)
401(k) match to 6% of earnings – immediate enrollment and 100% vesting
Life Insurance – no cost
Employee Assistance Program – no cost
Paid sick time
Flexible Spending Account
Hours: Typically, your schedule will include four weekdays (hours will vary with branch staffing needs). Part-time employees are scheduled to work 9:00am – 1:00pm every Saturday
WE’RE STRONGER TOGETHER
At NASA Federal Credit Union, we strive to ensure a culture of collaboration, inclusion, and opportunity where everyone can feel valued, appreciated, and respected. We commit to recruit and retain a diverse team with the best talents to live our vision, mission, and values. We recognize that respecting different perspectives and experiences makes us stronger together.