Backend Engineer - Consumer US
New York /
The world’s only universal shopping app. nate is a venture-backed, intelligent automation, social shopping and payments startup, with offices in New York and London. nate just closed it’s series A round, raising 38MM from Renegade, Forerunner Ventures, Coatue and Canaan, among others.
nate was created based on the principle of “humans inspire, machines execute”. It guides our team to create a product and company that is truly consumer and privacy first, and that will play a part in online shopping solutions from moment of inspiration to purchase.
The nate team is a special one. Check out nate.tech/join to take a closer peak at our principles and company experience. You can expect a culture that is very dynamic, open, and a team that is highly passionate about what we do. Sounds like something you’d fit in with? Apply.
Backend Engineer at nate:
As we grow and scale as a company, we are looking for a Backend Engineer who can take our services to the next level. Our user base, number of clients and services are continuously growing and we need you to be at the forefront of developing, maintaining and improving our services whilst not compromising on code quality, development culture and security of our environments.
Our Payments team consists of creating and improving payment options within the app - such as the launch of our own Pay Later - as well as other monetization opportunities for users and the business - such as purchasing rewards, cash back and a digital wallet.
It means working with a team of motivated individuals who are as passionate about the future of commerce and artificial intelligence as we are. And it also means being an equity-holder, a doer, a risk-taker, a leader and an example to others.
What you will be doing:
- Designing and implementing highly scalable cloud solutions that will be used by millions of users
- Maintaining and expanding our payments services
- Working with other teams across the business to integrate services with their systems
- Collaborating with the scrum team for scrum ceremonies, backlog refinement and sprint planning
- Work closely with Product, DevOps, QA, Front End and Backend Engineers
- Extensive experience with Typescript and Node.js
- Experience with AWS cloud services (and/or Azure or GCP)
- Experience working with Unix/Linux environments and distributed systems
- Proficient with Microservices architecture and containerisation tools, such as Docker
- Experience with unit and integration tests
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and infrastructure as code tools
- Creativity in problem solving and algorithmic thinking
- Openness to guide and mentor team members and lead on projects
- Interest in learning new technologies and methodologies
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our principles.
- Absolute work title freedom
- Personal growth Fridays
- Massage therapy sessions
- Group guided meditations
- Team building trips
- Global AI events and conferences
- Coffee, tea, fruit and snacks
- Unlimited vacation days
- Competitive compensation
Here at nate we live by these 5 principles:
- self-care isn’t selfish
- disagreeing is healthy
- make true promises
- forgiveness over permission
- always look forward
nate is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.