· Explore product development opportunities for various marijuana infused products, starting with bench top experiments and as appropriate, quickly moving into pilot scale.
· Work closely with key members of the innovation team to include Operations, MIP, Supply Chain, and Marketing.
· Assess existing and new technologies to develop both testing and process capabilities in the Product Development Group.
· Support implementation of pilot scale processes to ensure effective unit operations.
· Support scale-up to manufacturing processes and perform trial productions for new products.
· Author and review guidelines, protocols and procedures to support technology transfer to MIP.
· Design, execute and document formulation, fill and finish development studies to understand impact of formulation and process parameters on product quality attributes.
· Assist in laboratory setup and development of testing procedures.
· Follow work instructions, SOPs, company practices and regulations.
· Document analytical and formulation activities and results accurately and in a timely manner.
· Communicate effectively with peers, supervisor, management and internal customers about project status, proactively communicating to supervisor potential delays and challenges.
· Learn both Cannabis industry regulations with respect to current and new product and other industry guidance as it may also relate to our products. Examples include: USP/NF, FDA, DEA, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Able to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- At least 2 years hands on experience in a laboratory or production environment
- At least 2 years in the Cannabis Industry
- New product development for consumer products
- Process development
- Drug product formulation
- Demonstrated skill set and understanding in support of cGXP, quality and regulatory functions