· Assists in the implementation and maintenance of policies, programs and procedures for the EH&S program throughout the organization. Ensures compliance with OSHA, EPA, DOT, CDA and local/state requirements. Supports multiple locations and other departments as necessary.
· Aid in promoting and developing a positive Health and Safety culture at all levels throughout the organization.
· Conducts workplace surveys, safety audits and assessments. Advises management of conditions requiring corrective action and works with them to develop solutions and monitor follow through.
· Assists in performing accident investigations and root causes analysis to determine probable cause and produces and maintains necessary documentation and permits.
· Maintains required records in accordance with regulatory requirements, such as PPE, training, certifications, inspections and audits.
· Identify, eliminate and control hazardous conditions that may lead to injury and/or property damage using safety standards, best management practices and analytical techniques.
· Assist Operations in performing job safety analysis and enforcement of safe work procedures.
· Develop and conduct training in compliance with regulatory requirements and company policies. Ensure proper documentation of training.
· Assists with Worker’s Compensation program by administering claims management with emphasis on early and safe return to work.
· Collect data and provide information and reports as needed to support the organization’s compliance program.
· Problem solving to enable the development and execution of cost effective solutions to minimize/eliminate risk.
· Presentation skills to enable effective training and communication to all levels of the organization.
· Written and oral communication skills to enable the use of multiple communication media.
· Conveys information with clarity and directness, ensuring the message is understood across diverse teams.
· Change management skills are important to drive and sustain improvement in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment.
· Other duties and tasks as assigned.
· Must already possess or be able to qualify to receive a Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division (MED) support badge and be 21 years of age or older
· Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline; or
· Associates degree in a related discipline with 2+ years related experience; or
· High School Graduate or GED and minimum of 3 – 5 years related experience
· EH&S experience in facilities, warehousing and agriculture is desired
· Experience with OSHA programs such as Working Platforms, Haz-Comm, Ergonomics, Lockout-Tag-Out, Emergency Response and other related OSHA requirements stated in 29 CFR 1910
· A background involving employee training, warehousing or similar production facility with light equipment and manual labor
· Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports
· Able to work in a customer service environment interacting with end users at all levels
· Ability to walk/stand on concrete surfaces for up to 8 hours/day
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs., push/pull up to 75 lbs. and use a 30-foot ladder