Senior HR Generalist
The Sr Human Resources Generalist (HRG) oversees the day-to-day operations within the Human Resource Department at the Production Plant. The HRG will coordinate the implementation of services, policies, and programs and will advise Managers and the HR team about area Human Resources issues within their location. The HRG will also play a pivotal role in expanding the HR presence throughout the organization and also supporting culture shifts through targeted initiatives. Working closely with the HR Director, this role will create and implement cutting edge practices to enhance recruiting, employee development and ensure compliance.
Essential Job Functions (day to day responsibilities):
- Advise employees and managers on HR related policies, programs and procedures
- Assists in driving initiatives to help foster a positive company culture
- Develop strategies to increase workforce readiness, retention and engagement
- Collaborate with department leadership to execute HR processes
- Handles employee relations, including investigations of complaints/concerns;
- Ensure legal Compliance with detailed reporting and risk analysis
- Works with managers on progressive performance improvement plans and terminations;
- Perform various HR process training for Employees and Managers;
- Coordinates and provides coaching on performance reviews ensuring reviews are done at a high level and timely.
- Engages in strong collaboration with Corporate Recruiter
- Coordinates Recruiting transactions within the Production plant
- Monitors hiring activity and personnel movement to ensure adherence to head count budgets and salary budgets
- Tracks and maintains personnel requisitions and works with management to ensure accuracy of staffing levels
- Maintains and audits employee staffing lists for managers to assist with staffing logistics
- Maintains data on recruitment activity and attrition within Production departments
- Conducts exit interviews to aid in retention strategy
- Assist in ensuring smooth onboarding for Production new hires
- Assist in maintaining confidential files and records
- Monitor Employee time off within assigned branches, including but not limited to; vacation, personal, disability, FMLA, LOA;
- Assists in the administration and coordination of various benefits plans;
- Advises management on requests for workplace accommodations
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service by ensuring timely and accurate responses to inquiries and requests from employees
- Dedicated to a high level of confidentiality
- Partners with HR Shared Services on various projects and initiatives
- Functions as a key member of the HR team working on the continued development of HR practices with an emphasis on continuous improvement and high performance.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned
- Required Skills:
- Travel Requirements:
- Bachelors of Science in HR or related field.
- 3+ years experience in an HR environment as a Generalist required.
- Experience working in production environment a plus
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Experience in the administration of benefits, recruiting and compensation programs.
- Proficient computer skills to include the MS office suite and experience with LMS systems.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Strong interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must already possess or be able to qualify to receive a Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division (MED) support badge and be 21 years of age or older.
- Occasional travel to Corporate HQ and different Native Roots satellite plants and stores