General Ledger Accountant
The Senior GL Accountant ensures accurate and timely compilation of accounting information, analysis and reporting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Company policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Support month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close for areas of functional responsibility. Activities performed include preparation of accruals, journal entries, account reconciliations, management reports and other financial analysis as required.
- Follow up and resolve outstanding balancing issues.
- Proposal and development of improvements to existing company policies and procedures where appropriate including compliance with technical accounting guidelines.
- Provide timely and accurate accounting information to internal customers on ad hoc basis.
- Provide support for internal and external audits.
- Responsible for ensuring accounting files and archives are maintained in accordance with company document retention policy.
- Provide guidance to other departments on accounting related matters.
- Any and all other job duties assigned.
- 7 years' experience in accounting functions for multi-location operational entities.
- 5 years' experience in Dynamics 365 or similar systems.
- Strong understanding of account reconciliation processes.
- Superior communication skills with peers and superiors.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to obtain MED Badge
- Bachelor degree, Accounting or related major.
- Understanding of fixed assets, payroll JE, benefits allocations and standard cost updates.
- Travel as necessary
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Ability to perform the following physical tasks: sitting, standing, stooping, stretching, walking, bending, twisting, reaching, performing repetitive motions, and carrying boxes.