Product Development Technician
- Run equipment and perform tasks to produce new products. This could include:
- Lab scale production of infused products, likely to be small scale and very manual.
- Support scale-up to manufacturing processes.
- Produce initial batches of new products, larger scale, manual to semi-automated production taking hours to days to complete.
- Learn as required, new process/production capabilities.
- Following successful production, participate in technology transfer to operations team by training and supporting operators assigned to newly developed products.
- Provide input to guidelines, protocols and procedures to support technology transfer.
- Perform sampling and submit for testing of raw materials, in-process and finished products.
- Document productions activities and compile test results accurately and in a timely manner.
- Track products in METRC.
- Follow work instructions, SOPs, company practices and regulations.
- Communicate effectively with peers, supervisor, and management.
- Highschool Diploma or GED
- At least 2 years experience in a production environment manually producing products and/or running equipment
- Willingness to work in a production environment to include manual labor
- High ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Excellent grasp of safety guidelines for a variety of job contexts
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Able to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to walk/stand on concrete surfaces for up to 8 hours/day
- State issued occupational license or the ability to meet the requirements and obtain one
- Associate’s Degree
- At least 2 years in the Cannabis Industry
- Industrial food or pharmaceutical manufacturing experience
- New process/production experience
- Demonstrated skill set and understanding in support of cGMP and cGLP