Grant/Speer Assistant Store Manager (New Store Opening!)
We're looking for a results driven Cannabis Retail Manager to assist in leading operations and launch of our 24th store that will be opening at the intersection of Grant & Speer near Capitol Hill in early 2020! The ideal candidate will be responsible for driving the company's core values and training staff to deliver an exceptional in-store experience at this new location. Apply to learn more and join us on our quest of liberating Happiness!
- Assist the Manager and serve as secondary point of contact in stores.
- Assist Manager in achieving short-term and long-term business, marketing, and sales goals/objectives.
- Provide support and serve as witness to Manager’s duty to reward and reprimand team members.
- Assist Manager with support for MED reporting, paperwork, and METRC recording.
- Assist with assuring daily compliance with MMC and/or RMS policies, including but not limited to the following: state/local regulation compliance, security protocols, access protocols, dress code, and work schedules.
- Assist with orders for procurement of saleable MMC and/or RMS supplies.
- Assist State and Local Government Auditors and Law Enforcement with inventory, sales, and compliance audits when Manager is not present.
- Comply with company cash handling policies and perform verification for Manager’s daily cash management responsibilities as outlined in the company’s policy; ensure cash is accurately counted and recorded.
- Maintain a culture of high-quality customer service, patient communication, and customer service issue/complaint resolution.
- Execute customer service and quality surveys as assigned by management.
- Train all employees on policies, process, procedures, and roles.
- Help team assist patients with understanding “care-giving” benefits and add patients as necessary (MMC Only).
- Help team educate patients on medical marijuana medicinal properties and selection of proper genetics according to the patient’s desired effect or per specific medical ailment (MMC Only).
- Help team educate customers on proper dosage and selection of edibles pursuant to the customer’s desired effect.
- Attend and participate at weekly manager meetings and engage in ongoing education and professional development, as well as monthly team meetings.
- Contribute to team environment and company advancement in agreement with the strategic direction set by management.
- Daily correspondence via email and manager’s log, with the Retail General Manager, Manager, and Retail Staff as needed.
- Comply with all HR policies, including confidentiality and non-disclosure.
- Assist Team Members with purchases.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Secure and organize all patient files.
- Provide notary services for patients and ensure team members have notary credentials.
- Be responsible for facility maintenance and troubleshooting as necessary including proper up-keep of phone, utilities, technology, maintenance, repairs, stock, and supplies.
- Attendance of posted, scheduled hours is required at the store locations; however, additional availability outside of that schedule is also required (e.g. meetings, deliveries).
- Physical duties may be required including but not limited to the following: lifting and moving boxes, inventory, and/or equipment.
- Supervise all MMC and/or RMS operations and procedures during hours of operation if the Manager is not present.
- Ensure scheduling needs are satisfied; adjust and accommodate scheduling changes when Team
- Members need shifts covered when Manager is not present.
- Oversee Opening/Closing Procedures on a daily basis.
- Assist Manager to ensure that all operations of the store run smoothly.
- Assist Manager to ensure team members are trained, on track and doing their job correctly.
- Hold employees accountable for adhering to company’s processes, procedures, and roles.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must already possess or be able to qualify to receive a Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division (MED) support badge and 21 years of age or older.
- Colorado residency, no felony convictions, and must successfully pass an extensive background check.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Working knowledge of medical and/or retail marijuana.
- Knowledge of local and state laws and regulations pertaining to medical and/or retail marijuana.
- Reporting and Information Management: must have knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with process management, team problem solving, inventory control, and medical and/or retail marijuana policy and law.
- Strong problem solving, communication, and organizational skills; anticipatory thinking and ability to forecast; calculating, multi-tasking, attention to details, conflict resolution, teamwork, and professionalism, accountability, and proactive active behavior.
- Success and advancement in this position will require positive and cooperative attitude, professional behavior, and self-motivation.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. Notary services required.
- Minimum 1 year of MMC and/or RMS budtender experience.
- Experience working in retail required.
- Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper management of center.
- Ability to perform the following physical tasks: sitting, standing, stooping, stretching, walking, bending, twisting, reaching, performing repetitive motions, and carrying boxes.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. and push/pull up to 100 lbs.