The Horticulturist will work as part of a team to maintain a state-of-the art, indoor Cannabis Production Facility in North Denver. Assist in daily operations related to growing Cannabis.
- Perform cloning, transplanting, feeding plants, defoliation, cropping, topping, flushing, foliar and preventative sprays, waste disposal, inspect crops, and inventory management.
- Continue to develop an extensive knowledge base of successful Integrated Pest Management (IPM) strategies.
- Implement our existing, robust cultivation SOPs, and nutrient regiments.
- Operate heavy and light horticultural equipment and machinery.
- Track environmental factors and record data to provide to Bay Managers and Head Growers.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Perform water, media, and solution sampling and testing procedures.
- Adhere to industry standards and waste disposal procedures set forth by regulatory agencies.
- Aid in oversight of the completion of operations in timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain accurate daily activity records and operation logs as directed using designated software.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors and employees.
- Contribute to a fun, team-oriented, and challenging work environment in an innovative and pioneering atmosphere.
- Contribute and improve upon already-existing operations and processes to improve work-flow, efficiency, and provide constructive feedback and recommendations.
- Comply with all HR policies, including confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
- Must already possess or be able to qualify to receive a Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division (MED) support badge and be 21 years of age or older.
- Preferred knowledge of soil and hydroponic growing methods including micronutrients, beneficial bacteria, and nutrient implementation, as well as pH, PPM, and EC counts.
- Preferred knowledge of container systems with soil and hydro, as well as understanding temperature and humidity manipulation.
- Preferred knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as plant treatment options.
- Preferred experience in growing.
- Knowledge of large-scale commercial plant cultivation, including nutrient requirements, mediums, light requirements, temperature control, and air flow, etc.
- Knowledge of Horticulture equipment and coco irrigation systems.
- Capable of performing routine tasks and able to make equipment repairs or notify proper personnel when unable to.
- Ability to plan ahead, trouble-shoot, anticipate problems, and problem solve.
- Ability to learn new technologies.
- Able to follow directions and ask questions as needed.