Associate Director - MIP Operations
The Associate Director of MIP Operations is responsible for planning, executing, and overseeing the day to day operations of the MIP including, Extraction, Kitchen, Packaging, Shipping and Receiving, Quality and MIP Product Management functions. Responsibilities include providing all MIP teams leadership, direction and management oversight as well as working closely with the compliance, cultivation and product development departments on a daily basis. Additionally, will facilitate and drive initiatives set by the COO.
- Oversee all MIP departments (Extractions, Kitchen, Packaging, Quality, Shipping & Receiving, MIP Product Management)
- Oversee production of MIP products and the transition of new products from the innovation team into production operations
- Provide effective leadership in the MIP to ensure understanding of and alignment to the Company’s purpose and values, and to maintain a positive work environment and a high level of morale
- Align MIP with company-wide goals
- Develop and manage annual budget and proactively plan for resources and capital expenditures
- Drive the successful transition of new products from product development into production in support of the product roadmap
- Oversee management of the MIP product lifecycle from introduction into production to retirement
- Generate reports and analyze data to support operational decision making, working with Finance and BI teams
- Review and react to KPIs
- Coach and motivate MIP management team in alignment with Operations OKRs and initiatives
- Maintain a working knowledge of industry advancements related to MIP activities
- Identify industry best practices, trends and opportunities, and proactively implement process changes
- Plan for effective use of material, equipment, and staff
- Ensure safety, quality, and compliance are key focus within MIP functional areas
- Represent the MIP production functions in internal and external interactions
- Facilitate staff education and succession plan within the MIP organization
- Drive reduction of cost as production scales
- Identify and maintain relationships to support company and department goals
- Provide oversight for management functions such as timekeeping, invoicing, and payroll
- Other duties as assigned
Compliance / Quality Control
- Comply with all state and local laws and company SOPs, policies, codes of conduct, and emergency and safety procedures
- Responsible for the consistent, sanitary and safe production and packaging of infused marijuana products and concentrates utilizing company policies to successfully uphold quality and consistency of all products produced
- Oversee due diligence efforts for ingredients and suppliers
- Provide guidance for implementation of state regulations within operations processes
- Report any compliance or quality issues to management and facilitate remediation efforts
- Strong leadership, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, projects, and priorities.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with other departments to successful outcomes.
- Strong change management skills to include the practical implementation of Lean Manufacturing Principles and Concepts.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of METRC and Marijuana Enforcement Division (MED) compliance regulations
- BS, BA or similar degree with an emphasis in manufacturing, or equivalent is desired
- Minimum of 4 -6 years manufacturing or related experience preferred
- Knowledge of applicable cGXP, CFRs, ISO standards, MED rules and regulations
- Experience managing a large team
- Experience in a regulated production environment
- Working knowledge of Lean Concepts with demonstrated success; Six Sigma experience is a plus
- Experience analyzing data and making data driven decisions
- 21 years of age and older
- State issued KEY occupational license or the ability to meet the requirements to obtain one
- Regular attendance at scheduled hours expected and is considered an essential function necessary for the efficient operation of business