Santa Clara, CA /
The data team at Natron Energy is responsible for the collection, management, analysis, and distribution of all the battery manufacturing and test data. The data team drives one of the core principles of Natron Energy, rational decision making, by providing data for every critical decision. As a data engineer on the data team, you will:
- Be part of a small team with ownership of data infrastructure for the entire company
- Work closely with many positions and teams across Natron such as Analysts, Test Engineers, Process Engineers, Reliability, R&D etc.
- Own and develop robust and scalable solutions
- Contribute to the mission of building a company and a product to be proud of
Tech Stack: SQL, Python, Dagster, Fivetran, DBT, Big Query, Tableau, JMP
- Design, develop and own data pipelines and models
- Work with operations, product, technology, and R&D teams on their data needs
- Maintain current data infrastructure and build scalable infrastructure where lacking
- Drive and own data quality for areas of ownership
- Craft compelling visualizations to depict process control parameters and product performance metrics
Required Experience & Skills:
- 2+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or other data/software related role
- Fluent in SQL and familiar with dimensional modeling
- Fluent in Python
- Fluent with version control software such as Git
- Has a do-whatever-it-takes attitude, thrives in a fast-paced start up environment and can deliver project deliverables on time
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in a science or engineering field.
- Experience with building data infrastructure to support high volume manufacturing
- Experience with MES and SCADA
- Familiar with dbt (data build tool)
- Familiar with Dagster or other similar data orchestration tools
- Familiar with cloud-based technologies like Big Query, Redshift, Snowflake etc.
- Familiar with BI tools such as Tableau, Looker, Power BI etc.
- Base Salary is determined by the applicant’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
- In addition, Natron Energy has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan, Life Insurance, and Flexible Time Off and Personal Time Off for Exempt and Non-Exempt employees respectively.
- The salary range for this position is a minimum of $97,913 and a maximum of $172,400.
Natron Energy (natron.energy) is the future of energy storage. Natron Energy’s battery products solve operations performance and reliability problems for the world’s biggest electricity customers. Natron Energy’s initial products target markets exceeding $25B including data centers, oil & gas, EV fast charging, and commercial aviation. Natron Energy has additional products in development for >$50B markets including commercial and residential grid storage. Its products are based on sodium-ion cells containing Prussian blue electrodes that deliver unique power, cycle life, and safety: full discharge and recharge in just minutes and up to 50,000 deep discharge cycles from a nonflammable, fault tolerant system. Natron Energy’s current production is sold out for the next 12 months. The company has signed over $225M/year in master sales agreements and LOIs, and scale-up to mass production is now underway. Natron Energy has raised over $155M in venture capital investment to date, as well as $35M in non-dilutive funding to support its supply chain scale up. The company has a strong leadership team that includes world-class C and VP level strategy, sales, operations, and technology executives.
· Founded in 2012 as a Stanford spin out
· Now selling the world’s first UL certified Na-ion product in $9B data center market, with $700k shipped and $1.5M booked
· First product (battery tray for in-rack power) is fully de-risked and sold out through Q1 2023
· Second product (ultra high-power battery rack services) launched in 2022
What differentiates Natron Energy from other battery companies?
Natron Energy solves the problems created by lead acid and lithium-ion technology:
· Higher power discharge and faster recharge
A smaller footprint for high power leaves more space to generate revenue
Fast recharge results in higher system uptime
· Industry leading service life
Tens-of-thousands of charge-discharge cycles enables real-time peak saving of volatile electrical loads
Predictable degradation without surprise failures
The only battery that cannot start a fire
Customers gain confidence and save on fire mitigation costs
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Note: Natron Energy’s workplace is fully compliant with national and local COVID-19 health orders and best practices. This includes strict practicing of social distancing and PPE including masks at all times in the workplace. As of January 2023, Natron Energy has instituted a COVID vaccine policy for its employees.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: email@example.com