Senior Buyer Planner
Santa Clara, CA /
Natron seeks a Senior Buyer Planner to carry out procurement activities. This person will support the company by purchasing goods and services, engaging vendors and suppliers, and implementing procurement systems. This person is a strong collaborator who is able to engage internal and external stakeholders to rapidly address supply and sourcing constraints. Qualified applications have significant prior experience as a buyer for programs involving hardware device manufacturing, preferably in the field of batteries. The person for this position has a positive attitude, collaborates well, and does what it takes to get the job done.
- Lead regular and special procurement of goods, materials, components or services in line with cost, quality and delivery targets
- Maintain continuous supply of the goods/materials critical to company operations
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and vendors to develop component specifications, compile forecasts for vendors, and assist operations in managing the impact of supply constraints
- Explore market opportunities to reduce costs by identifying, engaging, and negotiating with existing and new vendors and suppliers
- Assess and evaluate suppliers with supplier performance reviews to ensure compliance and manage performance improvement activities
- Source and assess quotations from potential suppliers
- Prepare purchase orders with selected suppliers to meet organizational targets and requirements
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
- Support product change requests and review and communicate the impact on capacity plans
- Maintain active communication with vendors and stakeholders to rapidly identify and communicate changes in the supply of goods critical to company operations
- Participate in supply/inventory reviews and communicate possible risks, shortfalls, and oversupply to the company’s demand forecast
Experience and Skills:
- 7-10 years procurement experience in manufacturing, including pilot to NPI manufacturing
- Proven supplier management experience, including supplier performance reviews
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes, components, and supply chain management
- Fluency in statistical problem-solving techniques as applied to procurement and manufacturing operations
- Experience with NetSuite and the associated system maintenance
- Experience working with contract manufacturers locally and internationally
- Proficiency in MS office including advanced Excel skills
- This is a regular, full-time position, reporting to the Director of Supply Chain
- Employees must work on site in Santa Clara
- Compensation is competitive with other Bay Area staff manufacturing procurement positions
Natron Energy is the future of industrial power. Natron Energy delivers battery technology breakthroughs that enable the world’s fastest growing industries: data centers, vehicle electrification, renewable energy, and materials handling. By offering high power, long lasting, safe battery systems, Natron solves problems for data services, electric vehicle fast charging, and other power services providers. Natron’s products are based on a new sodium-ion technology that makes them totally stable, with no risk of fire as in lithium-ion batteries. Natron recently launched its first product in the data center market and is now ramping up production 100x over the next two years. Natron recently closed its Series AA funding round and is backed by nine leading venture and strategic investors.
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Note: Natron Energy’s workplace is fully compliant with national and local COVID-19 health orders and best practices. This includes strict practicing of social distancing and PPE including masks at all times in the workplace. As of July 2022, 100% of Natron Energy’s on-site employees have been vaccinated against COVID-19.