Cell R&D Associate
Santa Clara, CA /
Technology / R&D /
Natron Energy seeks an R&D associate with 1-2 years of experience in battery development, to assist the R&D team in projects related to design of our next-generation battery chemistry. Successful candidates will have strong hands on-laboratory experience with battery development and electrochemical data analysis.
They are passionate about helping the whole team succeed, willing to learn new skills, and flexible towards taking on new tasks in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The person in this position is detail-oriented, meticulous, and mindful of chemical hygiene, laboratory safety and good housekeeping practices. Candidates must hold a B.S/M.S. degree in electrochemistry, chemical engineering, applied physics, chemistry, or materials science or related field.
- Support and execute projects that lead to fundamental understanding of cell degradation mechanisms and cell designs that mitigate these mechanisms
- Support testing and development of new cell materials and components
- Cast slurries and drawdown coat electrodes to make pouch cells for electrochemical testing
- Perform galvanostatic cycling, EIS and other electrochemical tests on Potentiostat and battery cyclers
- Analyze electrochemical testing data using Python/ Excel
- Document progress and results, report within the R&D team, actively participate in team meetings
- B.S. in Materials Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or similar field.
- 1-2 years of hands-on lab research experience, in academic or industry environment.
- Fundamental understanding of electrochemistry and design of experiments.
- Self-motivated, team-player, do what it takes attitude.
- Strong foundation in lab safety with good organizational skills.
- M.S. in Materials Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or similar degree.
- Hands-on lab experience with relevant battery chemistries such as Li-ion, including battery material synthesis, electrode fabrication and formulation, electrolyte formulation, cell design and construction, etc.
- Experience with analytical methods such as SEM, FTIR etc.
- This is a full time, permanent position.
- Employees must work on site in Santa Clara.
- An alternate title can be assigned if one has 4+ years of relevant industry experience
- Compensation is competitive with other Bay Area R&D associates positions in start-up companies.
- Disclaimer: The actual salary of a successful applicant may vary from posted ranges based on the candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, internal equity and alignment with market data, and other legitimate business reasons, including, but not limited to, compliance with applicable immigration law prevailing wages.
- In addition, Natron Energy has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan with Match, Life Insurance, Parental Leave Benefits, Discretionary Time Off (DTO) and Paid Time Off (PTO) for Exempt and Non-Exempt employees respectively, and 11 paid holidays.
- The salary range for this position is a minimum of $72,800 and a maximum of $101,630 annually, or equivalent hourly pay.
Natron Energy (natron.energy) is the future of energy storage. Natron Energy’s battery products solve operations performance and reliability problems for the world’s biggest electricity customers. Natron Energy’s initial products target markets exceeding $25B including data centers, oil & gas, EV fast charging, and commercial aviation. Natron Energy has additional products in development for >$50B markets including commercial and residential grid storage. Its products are based on sodium-ion cells containing Prussian blue electrodes that deliver unique power, cycle life, and safety: full discharge and recharge in just minutes and up to 50,000 deep discharge cycles from a nonflammable, fault-tolerant system. Natron Energy’s current production is sold out for the next 12 months. The company has signed over $225M/year in master sales agreements and LOIs, and scale-up to mass production is now underway. Natron Energy has raised over $155M in venture capital investment to date, as well as $35M in non-dilutive funding to support its supply chain scale up.
Unsolicited Resume Policy
Natron Energy, Inc. (“Natron Energy” or the “Company”) does not accept unsolicited resumes from professional recruiters, third-party recruiting or staffing agencies, placement services, or any other source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes, including partial resumes, candidate profiles, and candidate details or information, sent to Natron Energy or its personnel will be treated as public information provided free of any charges or fees.
Natron Energy will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume, unless in connection with a written agreement with the Company then in effect. Such agreement must be pre-approved by Natron Energy and executed by an authorized representative of the Company. Natron Energy specifically rejects, and denies any liability under, any agreement purporting to be accepted based on negative consent, negotiation with a candidate, performance, or any means other than the signature of an authorized representative of the Company.
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org